If You Had An Integra Type-r Jdm...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Would you keep the B18C5 and modify it or would you tear out the motor and LS/T it?

modify the type R... why would u replace a type R engine with a weaker ls motor anyway... use the money were gonna use for the swap into the type R... i think its more convenient

and plus.. u wouldnt want to go turbo with a type R engine because of its high compression

if you had a JDM type R it shouldnt have a B18C5 in it in the first place
its a B18C

but anyway
keep the ITR engine and work with that (yes you can boost an ITR it just takes a lot more tuning)

why would you want a full JDM car anyway??? RHD sucks ass in a LHD country

isnt the jdm motor just b18c and the usdm is b18c5? ohwell. i think what he means is the opposite of vtec conversion, which is pointless. just put some gsr cams and low comp. pistons and youre good for turbo.

hey i just read in an article if it doesnt have a number next to the c it could be a c2 or c3; and the best honda 1.8L engine is the b18c4, which is jdm. hmmmm.

Originally posted by highperboi@May 29 2003, 11:06 PM
whats the difference between all those C's???

you know what? i have no clue :lol:

but all i know is the itr block has a head that is ported and is a little bigger(similar to the b16a head) than the gsr head. and some of the engines have higher compression.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 29 2003, 07:57 PM
hey i just read in an article if it doesnt have a number next to the c it could be a c2 or c3; and the best honda 1.8L engine is the b18c4, which is jdm. hmmmm.

The Japenese motors don't have any numbers after the block code. The first gen B16's are all B16A's, not b16a1, and the JDM GSR (XSI-G i believe) is a B18C while the US counterpart is a B18C1. On the other hand, the JDM Type R is a B18C-R (Don't know if it says that on the block though), and the US is a B18C5. So it is a good thing to look at the block of your JDM motor to check if it's a JDM or USDM motor. Anybody know for sure what the Type R JDM motor says on the block?

if its JDM and not a rare first gen B16A1 (some actually did have the number) then there is no last number
the B18C2/3/4..... are all from either the european or australian markets

Originally posted by Iquark@May 29 2003, 11:24 PM
Anybody know for sure what the Type R JDM motor says on the block?

it just says B18C (i have one)
it is refered to as the B18C/R so people know what one you are talking about

not too hard to turbo a type R

low compression pistons, new cams, reset timing. Boost ready.

Sorry guys, yeah, I meant B18C also i believe that the engine for the 1996 integra JDM is a B1835...(correct me if i'm wrong)

Back