If You Had An Integra Type-r Jdm...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Iquark+May 29 2003, 11:24 PM-->
@May 29 2003, 07:57 PM
hey i just read in an article if it doesnt have a number next to the c it could be a c2 or c3; and the best honda 1.8L engine is the b18c4, which is jdm. hmmmm.

The Japenese motors don't have any numbers after the block code. The first gen B16's are all B16A's, not b16a1, and the JDM GSR (XSI-G i believe) is a B18C while the US counterpart is a B18C1. On the other hand, the JDM Type R is a B18C-R (Don't know if it says that on the block though), and the US is a B18C5. So it is a good thing to look at the block of your JDM motor to check if it's a JDM or USDM motor. Anybody know for sure what the Type R JDM motor says on the block?

i didnt say it actually have a number on the block. i read an article that interviewed the guy who tuned the Spoon S2000 and hey says it could be a c2 or c3;Honda reference.

and the best honda 1.8L engine is the b18c4, which is jdm.

No, it is Europeon, from the 1.8 VTi civics and Aerodecks, it has the torque of the GSR, but the hp of the B16A. Japan is the only place that DIDN'T use numbers at the end, everywhere else does, so there are B16A1/2/3/4's along with B18C1/3/4/5/6/7's.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 30 2003, 04:50 PM
and the best honda 1.8L engine is the b18c4, which is jdm.

No, it is Europeon, from the 1.8 VTi civics and Aerodecks, it has the torque of the GSR, but the hp of the B16A. Japan is the only place that DIDN'T use numbers at the end, everywhere else does, so there are B16A1/2/3/4's along with B18C1/3/4/5/6/7's.

that was quoted from that spoon tuner.

btw i never said the jdm engines actually had numbers on it...repeat it to yourself. i said the engine could be a c2 or c3 if it doesnt have a number at the end. which usually means only honda would know what acutal version it is. kinda like the '96 spec and 98' spec jdm ITRs both have b18c's but they have different power figures.

if it doesnt have the number after it then its not a C1/2/3/4/5/6/7/blah blah blah
and there are plenty of ways to know what engine you have without the last number

and it doesnt matter if that was a quote from a spoon tuner .... the B18C4 is NOT JDM

the only motor japan stuck a number on is the old CR-X with the b16a in it and the block came with b16a1 stamped on it.

ya know, there just happens to be a right hand drive 98 championship white jdm type r on ebay I talked to the kid and he would take 13 grand for it.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 30 2003, 05:41 PM
and it doesnt matter if that was a quote from a spoon tuner .... the B18C4 is NOT JDM

i didnt argue that it is JDM b/c i was already corrected.

Back