I'm new

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Can't afford that ? What is this other forum, "www.hondasforkiddies.com"? I mean were they basing upon Allowances or actual jobs ?

the B16 is a known quantity, a good swap but not the awesomeness that it was brought out to be on Resource 5 years ago. (Or shit.. 8 years ago? Man I've been online too long). The B16 is great for taking on a turbo, but the torque isn't going to win races or pin you to your seat. What you will have is a decent daily car that can still get the 30 mpg that your car has in it's personality.

Give us details ! For obvious reasons, we eat this shit up.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 3 2005, 08:19 PM
Can't afford that ? What is this other forum, "www.hondasforkiddies.com"? I mean were they basing upon Allowances or actual jobs ?

the B16 is a known quantity, a good swap but not the awesomeness that it was brought out to be on Resource 5 years ago. (Or shit.. 8 years ago? Man I've been online too long). The B16 is great for taking on a turbo, but the torque isn't going to win races or pin you to your seat. What you will have is a decent daily car that can still get the 30 mpg that your car has in it's personality.

Give us details ! For obvious reasons, we eat this shit up.

-> Steve
[post=482260]Quoted post[/post]​

Hondaforums.com... they automatically assumed I'm some 16 year old punk flippin burgers at white castle and doesn't know a thing about cars. And I'm not lookin for something to throw me out the back glass, just something kinda peppy I can take to the track on the weekends and still be able to drive around a few times a week to give my truck a break.

My dad says he wants to come up and help me with the prject on weekends to make up for the lost time when I was a kid, so it's kind of a bonding project too. We've decided on goin with a set JE 84mm 9.2:1 pistons, a DART head, a ported intake or possibly a Edelbrock victor x. For the boost I'm turning to turbonetics. The B-series turbo manifold and a T3/04E runnin between 15and 20 psi. Fuel, I'm thinkin a set of 440 or 550 injectors, and a Walbro 190lph pump. This is all just an idea, nothing solid yet, but like I said as soon as the block gets here I'm takin it up to Darton East and getting the 84mm MID sleeves installed, then we'll see what happens.

damn.. I wish i had more money... :(
just dont forget to tune....Right guys? :)

good luck with the setup.....

My dad says he wants to come up and help me with the prject on weekends to make up for the lost time when I was a kid, so it's kind of a bonding project too. We've decided on goin with a set JE 84mm 9.2:1 pistons, a DART head, a ported intake or possibly a Edelbrock victor x. For the boost I'm turning to turbonetics. The B-series turbo manifold and a T3/04E runnin between 15and 20 psi. Fuel, I'm thinkin a set of 440 or 550 injectors, and a Walbro 190lph pump. This is all just an idea, nothing solid yet, but like I said as soon as the block gets here I'm takin it up to Darton East and getting the 84mm MID sleeves installed, then we'll see what happens.
[post=482274]Quoted post[/post]​

Screw the dart head and get forged rods instead. You can get good cams/springs/retainers + P&P for cheaper than a dart head and it will probably flow as well or better. As for the turbo manifold, look at full-race. There are also some really good ripoffs of their manifold if $1000 is too much. You're also going to need some kind of engine management, an FMU or VAFC hack isn't going to cut it. You'll want to convert to OBD1 and run Uberdata or Hondata, or you can run CROME for OBD0 (I think).

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 3 2005, 10:10 PM

Screw the dart head and get forged rods instead. You can get good cams/springs/retainers + P&P for cheaper than a dart head and it will probably flow as well or better. As for the turbo manifold, look at full-race. There are also some really good ripoffs of their manifold if $1000 is too much. You're also going to need some kind of engine management, an FMU or VAFC hack isn't going to cut it. You'll want to convert to OBD1 and run Uberdata or Hondata, or you can run CROME for OBD0 (I think).
[post=482319]Quoted post[/post]​

cool thanks for the info. I planned on runnin the Hondata system but like I said, it's still in the planning phase. As far as the manifold, any links to these other ripoffs I'm interested, cuz I'd like to save some cash.

On behalf of all the admins and mods on the site, let me welcome you to HondaSwap. It's rare that we get someone in here who's actually willing to read all the rules and search around for answers before littering the board with inane questions.

That said, if you have any questions or need any help around the board, feel free to ask any of the staff... but keep the tech questions to the forums. :thumbsup:

Back