I'm Ready to Trade Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

By most accounts, the new MS3 wagon has edged the WRX out in daily driving situations. FWD is advance enough now that the MS3 actually posts better numbers overall then the WRX wagon.

I'm not sure how much you can get into a MS3 for, but remember the WRX only takes premium and is a gas hog so it does get expensive.

With all turboed cars, they need premium, so you're not getting away from that. The AWD thing is GOING to cost gas as well.

With all turboed cars, they need premium, so you're not getting away from that. The AWD thing is GOING to cost gas as well.

Yes, to keep the car from detonating, but the difference is if the MS3 gets 30mpg and the WRX gets 20mpg.

I was doing quite well with gas mileage over the summer, but that was with a thin oil. Now that its winter time and Mobile 1 changed their oil formula so it was too thin to use in the car, the car just saw less than 300miles to the last tank. I was getting near 380miles per tank in the summer.

And in the snow my WRX sucked. Of course, I ran the 17" wheels (No snow tires for 17" wheels, are there?) but still. It handled in all manners exactly like my Supra, but my Supra averaged 25 mpg.

Meh.. Now the MR2SC is a car that I've been missing since the day it rolled out of my garage.

And in the snow my WRX sucked. Of course, I ran the 17" wheels (No snow tires for 17" wheels, are there?) but still. It handled in all manners exactly like my Supra, but my Supra averaged 25 mpg.

Meh.. Now the MR2SC is a car that I've been missing since the day it rolled out of my garage.

There's plenty of snow tires in 17's.

And if you ran RE92's, that explains your handling woahs. They're expensive but god awful. I would run just about any other tire over those. A $80 snow tire were perform pretty damn well on the WRX and its handling in the snow is crazy predictable. Start to lose it a little bit, and just get on the gas a little bit and correct the wheel. The first time I started to slide and then got on the gas and the car straightened right back out, I was amazed.

Meh with AWD watch out. the rear diff could go bang.. then what a fine bill ya got

You could blow the rear diff or front diff in any car that has a diff.

The only difference is that the car can't be towed with the wheels on the ground, which is why cars are marked with the "AWD" sticker.

i had a set of snows on the sti in 225/45/17. there's plenty out there.

there's snow tires for the M in 19's if i want to spend 1300 bucks for 'em. lol

also, 8% isn't bad. rates are up.

i got 9.6% on the truck, and i probably have one of the best credit scores on the board. Interest rates are up from the subprime fall out.
blame asshat flippers with ARMs 5/1

also, 8% isn't bad. rates are up.

i got 9.6% on the truck, and i probably have one of the best credit scores on the board. Interest rates are up from the subprime fall out.
blame asshat flippers with ARMs 5/1

8% on a new car still isn't very good.

You got 9.6% on a used vehicle. His tC was new from all I know.

Also, you have to remember that your debt to credit ratio is much higher with the mortgage and M payment. But with that said, I agree you probably have one of the higher credit scores and interest rates are up.

LOL. I was 19 when I bought it. 8.5% without a cosigner is fucking amazing for that age. The LO at michael's toyota came out and shook my hand and congratulated me he was so impressed. I'm going to think about this long and hard before I approach pops to cosign. I doubt though he will since my car is so new. My credit is pretty good 660's when I checked in august, but its getting extended because of student loans and I have a horrible debt/equity ratio because I make all my money on the weekends under the table.

Fuck I want awd, and some more space. Back from portland, I really was cramped the whole ride back with just my mom and I. But I did get 28mpg the whole way home.

I missed this thread for the past few hours. In that time the worst financial advice / posts / observations have grown on it's northern face like a wet mold.

I missed this thread for the past few hours. In that time the worst financial advice / posts / observations have grown on it's northern face like a wet mold.

Steve, this coming from the man who cannot control his own finances according to himself.

I'm a financial rep, btw.

I might have a little bit of an idea what I'm talking about in regards to some of these things. ...I don't know.

<think back to when you were supposed to meet with someone about using life insurance as an investment. did you ever actually meet with them?>

I can't control my finances ?

News.

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/nice-real-nice-95998/

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/do-you-live-lavish-lifestyle-94618/2.html

"I'm flipping all of my items this month for a whole new set of items.

Traded the macs for rifles, giving my Subaru RX4 away, getting a Subaru Brat for the winter, and now am in serious debt (They shut down my account today) for my 1986 bike restoration.

So now I have a pile of things and not a penny. Before I Did this I got a month ahead on my mortgage, and made sure that most of my finances were bumped up. I'm going for a home improvement loan. BUT I also just got word in that I forgot about a bill and now am in collections for $35. That means NO LOAN FOR ME. And I'm here, penniless.

oops."

Among other memorable quotes.

How about losing your shirt after the dot com boom that you always talk about?

How about how you always have multiple projects going?

etc., etc.

You can't handle one bit of honest criticism without getting defensive, can you?

Last edited:
I'm defensive ?

I'm out of all of those troubles. I make a good amount of money, and can do these things.

Thank you for being so concerned of my business. And threatening to punch me too. That was nice.

You're a twat.

I'm defensive ?

I'm out of all of those troubles. I make a good amount of money, and can do these things.

Thank you for being so concerned of my business. And threatening to punch me too. That was nice.

You're a twat.

I have yet to threaten you with violence, but perhaps about the 50th time you've said it - I should just go ahead and give into your peer pressure.

And yes, defensive. "Thank you for being so concerned of my business." That wouldn't be a defensive statement at all. Old Cel getting a little uptight when I talk about things that are a bit salient to him.

Remember, I just called you out on the issue because you were living in your nice little glass house and casting stones about ideas you have established you don't have a strong grasp on. :eek:

Ian vs Steve

battle for Somalia?

:D skinny bastards

Back