Import cars suck.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honestly though, whats the point of 1500hp to the wheels? Theres no way, short of massive slicks that you can transfer that to the ground. Granted, it probably has a crazy hypothetical top speed (which will probably remain just that), but as far as acceleration goes - I'll take a new Elise with a turbo'ed K20a2... :ph34r:

Still kinda neat.

but those are v10 for you and so they have high hp you still have a power to weight ratio. sorry i dislike vipers and prefer muscle cars :) 67-69 camaros . .. . and of course my honda :) but a good video. i wish i had money to do that

Originally posted by EGProject@Aug 3 2005, 10:46 AM
Honestly though, whats the point of 1500hp to the wheels?
[post=535157]Quoted post[/post]​

Because when you lay down 1500-2000 HP on a car that you built, your cock gets bigger.

If they somehow made that AWD, it would be a monster at the strip.

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Aug 3 2005, 11:14 AM
but those are v10 for you and so they have high hp you still have a power to weight ratio. sorry i dislike vipers and prefer muscle cars :) 67-69 camaros . .. . and of course my honda :) but a good video. i wish i had money to do that
[post=535175]Quoted post[/post]​

Power to weight ratio??? ROFL.. on that car its like 1:1

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 3 2005, 11:24 AM-->
@Aug 3 2005, 11:14 AM
[post=535175]Quoted post[/post]​

Power to weight ratio??? ROFL.. on that car its like 1:1
[post=535180]Quoted post[/post]​

Nothing like a sick ass muscle car that was lucky to see 15s

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS-350 8.0 15.4
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Budget GT 10.5 17.6
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Luxury GT 9.8 17.2
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 7.5 15.5
1974 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 8.1 15.4
1975 Chevrolet Camaro 350 11.0 17.4
1975 Chevrolet Camaro RS 8.5 16.8
1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 9.7 N/A
1983 Chevrolet Camaro 9.5 17.5
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 H.O. 6.7 15.0

1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.8 13.1
1993 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.5 13.2
1996 Dodge Viper RT/10 5.0 13.2
1997 Dodge Viper GTS 4.0 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper GTS 4.1 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.1 12.3
2001 Dodge Viper GTS ACR 4.3 12.6
1996-2002 Viper Hennessey Venom 1000TT 2.3 9.52
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 3.9 11.7

I believe the Viper even with the V10 and leather weighs less then any camaro

Nope I was wrong, the Viper is 150 more lbs

look up a 1969 z28 with a 302 :) and for you people that want to challenge me that 302 is ford there is a 302 chevy block called the z block my dad had one :) just look it up

Originally posted by Dark91zc+Aug 4 2005, 03:55 AM-->
look up a 1969 z28 with a 302 :) and for you people that want to challenge me that 302 is ford there is a 302 chevy block called the z block my dad had one :) just look it up
[post=535609]Quoted post[/post]​

yup. my buddy dave...
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showuser=111

Calesta
@Aug 4 2005, 06:37 AM
B, not all Dynojets max out at 1200hp.
[post=535632]Quoted post[/post]​

ahh, must be jsut that certain model then...

Originally posted by jeffie7@Aug 4 2005, 12:45 AM
Nothing like a sick ass muscle car that was lucky to see 15s

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS-350 8.0 15.4
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Budget GT 10.5 17.6
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Luxury GT 9.8 17.2
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 7.5 15.5
1974 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 8.1 15.4
1975 Chevrolet Camaro 350 11.0 17.4
1975 Chevrolet Camaro RS 8.5 16.8
1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 9.7 N/A
1983 Chevrolet Camaro 9.5 17.5
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 H.O. 6.7 15.0

1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.8 13.1
1993 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.5 13.2
1996 Dodge Viper RT/10 5.0 13.2
1997 Dodge Viper GTS 4.0 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper GTS 4.1 12.2
1998 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.1 12.3
2001 Dodge Viper GTS ACR 4.3 12.6
1996-2002 Viper Hennessey Venom 1000TT 2.3 9.52
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10  3.9 11.7

I believe the Viper even with the V10 and leather weighs less then any camaro

Nope I was wrong, the Viper is 150 more lbs
[post=535574]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think I'd consider any 1980s V8 a "muscle" car... at all.

and yes the Viper weighs more than a Camaro, which weighs more than a Corvette.

Last I read the V10 weighed something like 1500 lbs in itself.

uhh, you guys are funny shit. i'd imagine that it is a drag car. and if i recall, RWD cars are faster at the track then AWD cars. well, not by "typical" standards. but RWD cars end up being faster then AWD cars in the end.

waits for flames and arguements......

ok now look at the fastest cars around....yup, rwd. thanks.

additionally, the car probably put down more then 1500hp. if you look at where the TQ curve is, then do simple math to look at hp, you'd see that the HP keeps climbing. i know you cant see the RPM, but just pretend. as the speed goes up, so do the RPM, and since TQ seems almost stable across a broad range, the HP HAS TO increase over that range.

also, i'm under the impression that the chevy 302 wasn't exactly something commendable in comparison to the other engines chevy put in the 1st gen camaros.

jeff, i'm sure that car will be well below the 15 second mark.

[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 9 2005, 04:39 PM
uhh, you guys are funny shit. i'd imagine that it is a drag car. and if i recall, RWD cars are faster at the track then AWD cars. well, not by "typical" standards. but RWD cars end up being faster then AWD cars in the end.

waits for flames and arguements......

ok now look at the fastest cars around....yup, rwd. thanks.

[post=538035]Quoted post[/post]​

how do you figure that? yeah, most top fuel dragsters and funny cars and stuff are all RWD, but im sure thats because RWD has 1/2 as many parts to replace after a race than AWD, which means they dont have to spend extra money. But then again they dont need AWD because the massive airplane wings they use make like a zillion pounds of downforce over the rear wheels, minimizing traction loss. besides, most cars aren't AWD, and the select few that are AWD are purty expensive. as far as street cars go, or street based cars i mean, AWD cars are usualy always first off the line. im sure you've seen many races w/ AWD cars. Why? because when the car senses that the rear wheels are loosing traction, just enough power is sent to the front wheels to balance out the torque distribution and keep all the wheels from loosing too much traction, making stupid amounts of horsepower more usable than with just 1000 horses melting your back wheels. AWD cars will always be quicker out the holeshot. gearing and driver skill will determine the outcome of the race. and if they could convert that viper to AWD, it would be flippin awesome, stock vipers already are about the coolest domestic car. i agree w/ all the other stuff you said though. mucho respect to those tuners, takes lots of smarts to pull that off.

Last I read the V10 weighed something like 1500 lbs in itself.
i dont know about that, id have to look that up. if it wieghed that much, wouldn't it understeer like a greyhound bus? i've heard that the viper is good at cornering, prone to oversteer.

<_< im no expert but i think there is a very slim chance that an aluminium v10 engine would weight out at 1500 lbs even with tranny atatched.

Originally posted by blackice90HB+Aug 9 2005, 08:09 PM-->
@Aug 9 2005, 04:39 PM

how do you figure that? yeah, most top fuel dragsters and funny cars and stuff are all RWD, but im sure thats because RWD has 1/2 as many parts to replace after a race than AWD, which means they dont have to spend extra money. But then again they dont need AWD because the massive airplane wings they use make like a zillion pounds of downforce over the rear wheels, minimizing traction loss. besides, most cars aren't AWD, and the select few that are AWD are purty expensive. as far as street cars go, or street based cars i mean, AWD cars are usualy always first off the line. im sure you've seen many races w/ AWD cars. Why? because when the car senses that the rear wheels are loosing traction, just enough power is sent to the front wheels to balance out the torque distribution and keep all the wheels from loosing too much traction, making stupid amounts of horsepower more usable than with just 1000 horses melting your back wheels. AWD cars will always be quicker out the holeshot. g

[post=538073]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright, lets explain a little bit of physics of a drag car here. If there are three cars, all identical wheel hp (basicly same hp and trq curves), same weight, however one is FWD, next is RWD, and finally AWD. Under perfect situations with zero tire slipage, Pretty much they would reach the end of the track at the same time. However, we all know that this isn't true. Now lets up everything to 500hp and a decent amount of trq, so traction is an issue.

Heres where a little bit of physics comes in. Friction = normal force x mu (coeffeint of friction) Assuming they all have the same tire weight distribution and suspension. With all cars, when they launch, the back end will squat and the front end will raise up slightly.

If all cars have 50:50:50 weight distribution at rest, exactly a quarter of the cars weight it applied to the ground, thus the normal force appiled onto each tire (at rest or no acceleration) is 25% of the cars weight.

Back the the squating. As the car squats, there is a shift in the center of mass, so now instead of having 50:50:50 weight distribution, it has shifted to 70:30 on all cars. So now, the normal force on the rear wheels are 35% the weight of the car per tire, and the fronts are now 15%.

How does this traslate to each car....

On the FWD car, now, since less force is applied to the ground on the drive wheels, the normal applied to the tires are now lower, thus your friction is lowered causing you to have a much harder time to hook up (in addition to chance of wheel hop because your front suspension becomes unloaded)

On the RWD car. Since th car is squating the same, again the center of mass is shifted towards the rear. However, now since the drive wheels are in the rear, there is now 35% of the cars weight being applied onto the ground at each wheel, thus your normal force is higher, causing the force of friction is higher. Now, this means that the trq can lift the front end a little higher causing the center of mass to move even further back and with 500hp, you may even be able to lift the front end up causing the wheels to touch.

Now for the AWD car. Now it is just a blend of the two. If the LSD is set to 30:70 power distribution, when the front wheels will again lose friction and the rear will gain. This could mean that the front wheels get off the ground and the front wheels would be spinging slightly and some of the power of the engine would be lost.

Now as for you coment about the downforce of the huge spoilers helping dragster getting a better lauch, this is completly false unless there is a 70+ mph head wind. That spoiler is there for downforce as the car is moving very fast (remember they rear 100mph in like a .9 seconds, it is there because they have so much power (4000+ hp) the cars can litterally spin the tires at 200+mph, and if that happens, the car can get sideways and the driver could crach extremly hard.

Talked to a couple of buddies and i got some links for the camaro.

69 427 Camaro does a 13.1 quarter mile with 430bhp...those were really hard to come by (but i know someone with one).

69 Camaro SS (396) does about a 14.5-14.7 quarter

69 Camaro Z28 (the one he was talking about 302 ci) does about 15.1 quarter.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 10 2005, 01:54 AM-->
Originally posted by blackice90HB@Aug 9 2005, 08:09 PM
nismogod
@Aug 9 2005, 04:39 PM
uhh, you guys are funny shit.  i'd imagine that it is a drag car.  and if i recall, RWD cars are faster at the track then AWD cars.  well, not by "typical" standards.  but RWD cars  end up being faster then AWD cars in the end.

how do you figure that? yeah, most top fuel dragsters and funny cars and stuff are all RWD, but im sure thats because RWD has 1/2 as many parts to replace after a race than AWD, which means they dont have to spend extra money. But then again they dont need AWD because the massive airplane wings they use make like a zillion pounds of downforce over the rear wheels, minimizing traction loss. besides, most cars aren't AWD, and the select few that are AWD are purty expensive. as far as street cars go, or street based cars i mean, AWD cars are usualy always first off the line. im sure you've seen many races w/ AWD cars. Why? because when the car senses that the rear wheels are loosing traction, just enough power is sent to the front wheels to balance out the torque distribution and keep all the wheels from loosing too much traction, making stupid amounts of horsepower more usable than with just 1000 horses melting your back wheels. AWD cars will always be quicker out the holeshot. g

[post=538073]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright, lets explain a little bit of physics of a drag car here. If there are three cars, all identical wheel hp (basicly same hp and trq curves), same weight, however one is FWD, next is RWD, and finally AWD. Under perfect situations with zero tire slipage, Pretty much they would reach the end of the track at the same time. However, we all know that this isn't true. Now lets up everything to 500hp and a decent amount of trq, so traction is an issue.
[post=538201]Quoted post[/post]​

forget physics. take all three cars to the track and see what happens. i know a wrx that launches at 5 grand and simply churps of the line. they always will get the holeshot. and if hp numbers are similar they will always end up on top.

Its all about traction. You aren't going to be able to use 1500 whp on street tires. They will just spin. You are going to end up half- throttling it all the way down the damn strip. That Viper is running street-looking tires. AWD would put the power to the ground on street tires.

What I would give to see a 1500 HP AWD vehicle enter a burn-out competition! woooo.....

Anyway, whoever said the v-10 weighs 1500 pounds is full of shit. Prove me wrong.

Nice.. If I had that car I would take it all around and WOW people at dynos everywhere.. Just dont want to get embaressed at the track since that power isnt going to the ground and even if it did you would break shit every race..

Expensive dyno queen is about it..

Back