Import cars suck.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 10 2005, 09:56 AM
a 1500 HP AWD vehicle enter a burn-out competition
[post=538363]Quoted post[/post]​

The car wouldn't make it out of it. The driver would have to have inhuman control over the vehicle, because it would be a disaster if anything broke or one tire grabbed a little.

And also since that car has more power than Stephan Papadakis's civic, they should race it against him.. :D

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 10 2005, 12:26 PM-->
@Aug 10 2005, 09:56 AM
a 1500 HP AWD vehicle enter a burn-out competition
[post=538363]Quoted post[/post]​

The car wouldn't make it out of it. The driver would have to have inhuman control over the vehicle, because it would be a disaster if anything broke or one tire grabbed a little.
[post=538381]Quoted post[/post]​

Mid burn out the chains break, the tires grab, and the car goes 0-100 in .00002 seconds, instantly killing the driver. wooo wooo!

sir, you who has said "forget physics" go sit in the corner. once you understand that physics dictates every aspect of the life that you shall live and observe, then you may enter back into conversation. lol.

the physics explanation is absolutely dead on. i'm sure as far as most of us are concered, and will ever own, there is no feasible AWD car that can divert all the power to 1 wheel if the need arises or even 2 wheels. IF AWD was the fastest platform, i promise, that the people that have a life that consists of building, testing, tuning cars to build the "perfect" drag setup, would have been using AWD 10 or 20 years ago. equal weight, equal distribution, equal racing tires, equal WHP, when in a reasonable "modified" hp range, the RWD car will leave better and trap faster.

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 10 2005, 06:56 PM
sir, you who has said "forget physics" go sit in the corner. once you understand that physics dictates every aspect of the life that you shall live and observe, then you may enter back into conversation. lol.

the physics explanation is absolutely dead on. i'm sure as far as most of us are concered, and will ever own, there is no feasible AWD car that can divert all the power to 1 wheel if the need arises or even 2 wheels. IF AWD was the fastest platform, i promise, that the people that have a life that consists of building, testing, tuning cars to build the "perfect" drag setup, would have been using AWD 10 or 20 years ago. equal weight, equal distribution, equal racing tires, equal WHP, when in a reasonable "modified" hp range, the RWD car will leave better and trap faster.
[post=538551]Quoted post[/post]​

well i did only pass high school physics by cheating.

titan motorsports supra runs consistant 8.3x's on "street" tires. so, how many AWD's do that? 4? i'm sure i can start naming off other RWD cars that are on "street" tires, that are considerably faster, i just picked one i knew you guys would be aware of.

Now as for you coment about the downforce of the huge spoilers helping dragster getting a better lauch, this is completly false unless there is a 70+ mph head wind.

i didnt mean from a stand still, but i did mean after they take off because of how fast they accelerate. my fault for not being clear.

nismogod Posted Today, 08:17 PM
titan motorsports supra runs consistant 8.3x's on "street" tires. so, how many AWD's do that? 4? i'm sure i can start naming off other RWD cars that are on "street" tires, that are considerably faster, i just picked one i knew you guys would be aware of.

QUOTE(blackice90HB @ Aug 9 2005, 08:09 PM)

most top fuel dragsters and funny cars and stuff are all RWD, but im sure thats because RWD has 1/2 as many parts to replace after a race than AWD, which means they dont have to spend extra money.

and
as far as street cars go, or street based cars i mean, AWD cars are usualy always first off the line.

actually your still wrong...while down force is important, no one will deny that, a spoiler on a drag car is STUPID. I might put a spoiler on my car (that can be removed for drag days) because i need downforce going into a corner at texas motor speedway. Rear wheel drive dragers have a little thing called weight transfer on their side. When a rear wheel drive car takes off notice how everything moves to the back and sometimes the front of the car comes up...why on earth would you need down force. Same thing with a STi/Evo...who needs down force with an even AWD take off. Homeboy, dont make physics come slap you in the face...if you put a WING on a drag car, you just lost...aerodynamics is your friend. Hell the only body mod needed on a drag car might be a wheelie bar for a RWD (so it doesnt flip) or a FWD (for front end traction).

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 10 2005, 09:17 PM
[post=538627]Quoted post[/post]​

www.shepherdracing.com

UPDATE! - Here is the new world record run of 8.55@176.9MPH!

AWD DSM on some drag radials.

umm, dude....8.55 is no world record. unless you are referring to the record for AWD 4-cyl. cause i know for a fact, that the HKS skyline is faster. along with a couple other AWD cars. since, i'm assuming, you are calling that an AWD record time.

http://www.exvitermini.com/ goto the records section.

o yea, it looks like john has gone 8.43's before. and that would put him 9th-ish for AWD.

someone who is argueing with me, reikoshea, and physics, please give me YOUR definition of a street car, because its obviously different then the NHRA, IHRA, all other sanctioning bodies of racing, and my own.

additionally, if AWD offered sucha stupendous advantage, the guys who have been building race cars for... i dunno, lets call it 40 years... would have come up with a way to make an AWD system that doesnt break so easy. Just like the Ford 9" rear. Or the the chevy turbo 400. Obviously, if the fastest guys on the planet, in the largest sanctioning body of drag racing in the world, dont think AWD offers an advantage, then it mustn't offer enough to worry about in real life.

i'd put a WS6 trans am with DR's against a STi anyday. And i bet you can come out of the hole harder in the WS6. And if not, give that heavier, less powerful RWD car a set of slicks, and see who comes out first. i mean, slicks on a RWD car OBVIOUSLY cant offer better traction then an AWD car that wont spin right?

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 11 2005, 06:21 PM
additionally, if AWD offered sucha stupendous advantage, the guys who have been building race cars for... i dunno, lets call it 40 years... would have come up with a way to make an AWD system that doesnt break so easy. Just like the Ford 9" rear. Or the the chevy turbo 400. Obviously, if the fastest guys on the planet, in the largest sanctioning body of drag racing in the world, dont think AWD offers an advantage, then it mustn't offer enough to worry about in real life.
[post=539007]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

some people just don't grasp that concept.

Back