Importance Of Uprgrading The Exhaust System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tightnunphazed

I have added several performance modz... to my 2000 Honda Civic EX, nothing doing with the exaust system (headers, cat. converter, pipes, muffler)... my car roarz loud... like it has a good exhaust system... but it doesn't it has that stock pipe thatz opening iz a about 1" 1/4... and I'm wondering if that loud sound iz all the pressure being forced out the cheap ass stock muffler... can not changing exhaust components... weaken the TOP SPEED my car will get from these modz... acceleration does well.. but TOP SPEED doesn't really change... could it be pressuring building up at a certain speed that it can't acheive higher speedz because the pressure build up in the exhaust chamberz or what?.... help me out here on the importance of the exhaust system :huh:

I you have upgraded the intake system, then some of that "roar" you hear is coming from under the hood. But exhaust mods are good choices to make easy power. It will free up your car's breathing and allow better all around performance. Plus big cans look sweet! :D

Peace, Theron <_<

What is up with everyone writing their damn name underneath every post? We don't want to know your name, if you choose to tell us insignificant information, put it on your sig. Retards!

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 8 2003, 08:36 PM
What is up with everyone writing their damn name underneath every post? We don't want to know your name, if you choose to tell us insignificant information, put it on your sig. Retards!

its just a closing like what you write at the end of a letter.

decaff nick decaff

damn sounds like someone wasnt hugged enough as a child or something

My signature is Big! And yeah, please learn to speak english.

That is twice now you mentioned this, I will not put it in a signature hence it is a signature and big deal. I just don't know why it is bothering you so much. To be honest, your the only person that has ever said anything about this. Four years of posting on clubsi.com and not one peep.

MILAN

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 8 2003, 07:36 PM

yeah i've read several posts and i just never said anything...kinda annoying, huh? In response to your question, the roar is probably your intake but you need to upgrade your exhaust. In order to take advantage of what you put in (air through upgraded intake) you nedd to be able to let more out (exhaust through less restrictive openings)
i forgot my name :unsure:

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 8 2003, 10:16 PM
That is twice now you mentioned this, I will not put it in a signature hence it is a signature and big deal. I just don't know why it is bothering you so much. To be honest, your the only person that has ever said anything about this. Four years of posting on clubsi.com and not one peep.

MILAN

umm make that TWO people. putting your signature name after every post you make
is akin to some fruity beatnik french fag with a beret on looking at art work.

little too "artsy fartsy" for me.

Karnash

yah, upgrading you exhaust is a must if you upgrade your intake...think of it as taking a big huuuuge breath, and then letting it out in a whistle, thats wats happening to your motor right now, straining...so yah, its not damaging the motor, its just not using the full potential...
as for jdmmilan, who the hell cares if he signs his name after every post??? just cuzz you other guys cant give out the good information he can, doesnt mean you can nitpick...better watch out, or milan will leave this board and with him will leave a lot of expert information...i dont wanna see that happen.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Jun 9 2003, 04:23 AM
yah, upgrading you exhaust is a must if you upgrade your intake...think of it as taking a big huuuuge breath, and then letting it out in a whistle, thats wats happening to your motor right now, straining...so yah, its not damaging the motor, its just not using the full potential...
as for jdmmilan, who the hell cares if he signs his name after every post??? just cuzz you other guys cant give out the good information he can, doesnt mean you can nitpick...better watch out, or milan will leave this board and with him will leave a lot of expert information...i dont wanna see that happen.

its not exactly a must, more of a power option. you dont need it but it will help you. you can work your way up to a exaust. ive seen people upgrade their exaust before the intake, mainly to make their car sound fast.

does it really matter if he signs his post or not? if hes a french fag with a beret (no offense) then let him be a frech fag with a beret that gives out good information for both gays and straights.

I am not going anywhere. I just think it is stupid to complain about a damn signature. The world doesn't revolve around you people that post on HS. I mean does posting complaints actually get shit done, no it doesn't. It just starts closed topics and it doesn't really answer questions that some have. I agree with pissedoffsol, who cares bc no one really does except maybe you one or two complainers. Get over it, move on, post other topis, reply with better answers, etc.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 9 2003, 11:58 AM
I am not going anywhere. I just think it is stupid to complain about a damn signature. The world doesn't revolve around you people that post on HS. I mean does posting complaints actually get shit done, no it doesn't. It just starts closed topics and it doesn't really answer questions that some have. I agree with pissedoffsol, who cares bc no one really does except maybe you one or two complainers. Get over it, move on, post other topis, reply with better answers, etc.

Milan

:bo:
I just wanted to use that smiley. Milan is a smart guy, who gives a fuck if he signs his posts with "Milan - Liberator of the constricted anuses" j/k What was this thread about again???? :lol: ;)

Back