1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Initial D Arcade game

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Frankie P., Oct 6, 2003.

1. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Hey guys, I went to the Arcade/Batting cages today, and saw an Initial D arcade. It was a dollar, so I only played once, but that game was bad. They have multiple cars to choose from, RX-8, S2000, etc. You choose your company and there is your car. So I automatically went for Honda, and they had a EF9 type R, an Integra type R, another car I can't remember, and the S2000. I picked the S2000, picked Intermediate level, the opponent in an RX-8 and played. Lost but who cares, it was my first time.

The first thing I noticed is the steering actually does 1 whole circle, almost 2. Unlike most arcade games where you barely turn the wheel and you are doing a donut, this one was much more realistic. Secondly, I picked automatic, and you can downshift with the auto, makes it better for the turns. Third, you can actually drift turns, made me do that much better. Fourth, and not least is that you can buy a card for the game, and with this card you can actually customize your car. Body Kits, turbo, the bang. Bad ass game, anybody who likes cars and video games, this is the next Gran Turismo, with Imports.

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

dude you're about 2 years to late. did you play version 1 or 2

3. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Shit I don't know, I don't really go to the arcade that much, and when I do they usually suck. Last time I was at an arcade was like a year ago, and they newest game they had was Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:werd:

Most arcades these days don't even have pinball machines anymore, which is just about the only thing worth playing.

5. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Yeah, pinball machine are bad ass, but I suck at them. The ball always falls down the fucking middle. Pisses me off. TILT!!!!!

6. dohcvtec_accord

I spent so much goddam money (and in college, class time using my free games I'd win) playing pinball. I never found a video game that beat a good pinball machine.

7. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I don't know if I would say that, but they are pretty fun, they definitely keep you entairtained. I like the Dance Dance Revolution, Konami Mix, Interactive Boxing game myself, also fighters. I don't know if it uses your whole body I am up for it. I know I spent $20 in the games and batting cages combined. Fun for a couple hours. Also played minituare golf and on the go carts two times. Go carts, now those little fuckers are fun.

8. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

street fighter 2 OWNZ every single video game out there.

prison lock w/ guile
    invisible throw with guile

i challenge ANYONE to a street fighter 2 game

<-----played in a tournament back in 1993 @ UCLA for SF2 :D

9. dohcvtec_accord

Dude, I was a SF2 master back in the day. I've probably lose a bunch of my skilllzzzzzz now though.

10. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

probably been almost 8 years since i held command of those 6 buttons :D

11. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

this thread just got turned into the street fighter thread. :lol:

12. arpee79

arpee79 Senior Member

Hey i dint know they had a EF9 type R i wanna see PICS
    unless its the EF9 SIR right just asking. :huh:

13. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

damn haha that game was off the hook.. did anyone ever get to play the Hyper Fighting Edition??? its really rare.. its like Championship edition where you can play as the original 8 plus bosses.. HOWEVER, this one, you can throw sonic booms, hadokens, etc.. in strings!!! and Zangiefs 360 close like can fly and shit.. anyway, i was about 2nd grade when i started.. had to play with a stool.. hahaha... anyway, in 94 i placed 2nd in the city tournament, but all i got was a stupid t-shirt.. first place was the arcade system... got spanked by a chick.. but to the Initial D game.. i didnt kno that either until this weekend someone told me.. the closest arcade center is in sac and its hella ghetto.. arcade ares fading out fast.. thats really unforunate.. i spelt a good deal of money.. maybe enough to get a Vtech motor with a Greedy turbo kit.. :-D

14. endlesszeal

im positive he meant Ek9 because the Integra R came out 95-96 and the NSX-R was 93 and the first Civic R was 98.. correct me if im wrong..

15. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

mom and dad just bought a pinball machine :)

1986 Bally..

its a replica "space invader" game, that was a copyright infringement so there was only about 3000 of them made. its in rough condition, but the thing is 16 years old!!

they also just bought a 1984 tabletop "Asteroids" game. both are very badass!!

16. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

yup, i remember that street fighter II hyper (i thought it was called excellerator). i was in like 2nd grade when it came out, and i would WORK all these old highschoolers, i thought some of them were gonna kick my ass. games nowadays suck, imo...why cant we just go back to the simple times? the only arcade game that i have actually played recently, was in fact, initial d...every other game isnt worth my time.

17. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Now I am confused, I don't remember if it was EF or EK. I just know it was a civic, I think it might have been the SIR. Too much thinking. Anyway, I would suck at Street Fighter 2 now, the new Marvel vs. Capcom version, I can kick anyone's ass at. I mean anyone. Once I bought it (PS2), I started inviting friends over to play I would lose, lose, lose, but now I can win without losing a character. But if I went back to the original Street Fighter, I would probably try and do supers and get my ass kicked. Although I am still pretty good at Alpha 3

18. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

That video game was imported from china

Street Fighter Turbo.

it was haxored by putting a chip or some other modified mother board in the ecu.

Capcom did not design this game that way.

you could hit all 6 buttons at once and change characters.

all i did was do the "hayo-ken" fireball in rapid succession, then jumped up, and as i was slowly falling to the ground, i would lay off a vertical wall of fireballs that was impassable. then if they did get through, i would hit them with a few uppercuts.

19. endlesszeal

chinese.. either love em or hate em, but they make some great knock offs..i guess you would say their, "great innovators."haha

20. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Thank you for clarifying that. :worthy:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted