installing v-tec guage in h23 to h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone know how to install the vtec tach guages? Its probably really easy but i dont know much about wiring these so a lil help would be great.

It came with what looks like a lil relay and the actual gauge viewing surface(clear sheet of plastic)

On the other hand, if you DO get the JDM harness to work, you should go ahead and order a horsepower/torque gauge out of the JDM 95 Preludes...it should mount up to your dash with little or no modification, and then just run the wires to the OEM JDM HP/TQ gauge plug on the harness.

Quoted post[/post]]is there really a jdm torque/horsepower gauge?

Yeah, they have to have it because the JDM torque is much more powerful than the USDM torque. It's mostly because they use higher octane gasoline in Japan. Sometimes they even run diesel in the higher-horsepower street cars! That's the main reason for the hp/tq gauge, for the h22's that ran on diesel. You can tell your H22 was a diesel-powered monster if it has a small canister with a plug on it on the intake manifold, right next to the distributor. This was the diesel fusion box, it acts kind of like a glow plug.

:thumbsup:

Anyway dude ur not much help.. if u know what install i am talking about then a link or something would be nice. Or if its really just uber simple just say "all u have to do is connect this wire to that one and done" not

"Bwaahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!

Yeah, you aren't gonna be able to make that harness work, kid."

Well you werent exactly clear in your original post what the hell you were talking about.

Yes but not the whole cluster just the plastic cover that the indiglo light shines through ya know the one with the kph/mph and rpm on it.

An indiglo gauge overlay on your stock cluster does NOT raise your redline. If it 'redlines' at 7500 and your stock cluster goes to 6500, it just means whoever made the overlay made it shitty, and the RPM's aren't right. You're still revving to whatever your stock cluster says.

Wait wait wait... You mean you have a 92-96 non vtec prelude with a vtec swap... So you want to swap the non digital part from a vtec prelude?

nah its just a cheap guage overlay from ebay i figured i could take apart the one already on the car that had the h23 in it and put on the new overlay so it that it won't be in the red when the engine go from 6500 to 7500 rpm

your ecu is what allows the higher redline not the gauges.

on the other hand, as long as the "overlay" is graduated properly, and your car has the ecu to utilize the higher redline, then your all set.

Back