Intake Experiment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ghetto cold air

so me and my friend had this great idea on his 91 civic he wanted a cold air and no money so we got 2 stock intake hoses an a short ram hose and set up a ghetto cold air running thru this hole where some useless plastic tank was and it has seemed to give the car a little boost

Suck my dick and fucking like it. I fucking hate idiotic n00bs like you.

edit:
For mods/admins. My involvement in this topic is now over and this user on my ignore list.

ide have to agree with u just because people dont have the balls to try sumthing they think it cant be done, use a little brains and figure it out, use logic hell get an instruction book if u have to but dont ever give up at sumthing.

so me and my friend had this great idea on his 91 civic he wanted a cold air and no money so we got 2 stock intake hoses an a short ram hose and set up a ghetto cold air running thru this hole where some useless plastic tank was and it has seemed to give the car a little boost

And this relates to this thread how??

And by the way, the guy you quoted isn't the guy who started this thread. I think you're confused.

just make sure that the south wins, cuz we all know thats how it should have been

turbo your engine and then place like 5-10 of the strongest computer fans behind the intercooler. that might be the best way to use them in your car if you had your heart set on this.

oh yeh, and you are a cock sucking n00blar!

So I'm going to test the electric leaf blower. I'll overcome the parasitic loss from the alternator by running an extremely LONG extension cord...

The civil wat was not fought over slavery. Your liberal perversion of historical fact is a sad reminder of America's worthless education system.

The civil war was not fought over slavery. Your liberal perversion of historical fact is a sad reminder of America's worthless education system.

Then what exactly was it fought over? It wasn't the immediate cause of the Southern secession and the war, but it was an important factor in fueling the causes of the war. Contention over the expansion of slavery into newly-established states led to the debate over the rights of states versus the power of the national government, which was one of the primary causes of the secession and the war that followed.

Also, abolition of slavery did indeed become one of the North's main goals a few years into the war. It wasn't a goal from the outset, but it became a goal later.

Anyways, yes, perhaps the public education system in this country is lacking, but I do know my history, I wasn't merely spouting off with no basis for what I was saying. And yes, perhaps I jumped the gun and just assumed that he meant something that he didn't, but let's be honest, do you really think that his statement that the South should have won the Civil War was an assertion of his support for the sovereignty of state's rights??? Somehow I doubt it...

Either way, chill out dude. It was just a smart-ass remark on an Internet forum (something that you yourself are quite well-known for); it's nothing to get nasty over. Alright?

[/thread jack]

Now let's get back to the real point of this thread...trashing the "computer fan in the intake" proposal, lol...

Last edited:
You could have just posted the link to that wikipedia article. You didn't have to copy/past the whole thing :p

You could have just posted the link to that wikipedia article. You didn't have to copy/past the whole thing :p

:hmm:

Well...if you were able to find a similarity between what I wrote and what's posted on Wikipedia then obviously you consulted it yourself!! :p

lol. Bam, THREADJACK.

fucking computer fans, wtf?

I think that everybody hurt the OP's feelings.
He hasnt been on in a while.
You should all be ashamed, making an idiot feel like an....... idiot.

now if you'll excuse me im going to make some racing wheels out of hangers, solder and rubber bands. LIGHTWIEGHT here i come!!! .........

.......what? i thought it was a better idea than the computer fan:D

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..
how about a high rpm DC electric motor hooked to a turbine style fan rotor inside a fiberglass duct? the motor can take it's power from a secondary battery. it would obviously have to be on demand, because you would run out of electric in the secondary batt. but still, to make an extra say 40 horses, would be cool. I havnt got around to doing calculations for cfm, but math would be my favorite academic subject, so I could. I estimate it would be feasible to get 3lbs of boost. since the stock map can handle up to ~10, np. I'd try to have enough electric power to make 2 full runs through 5 gears. no turbo lag!

..hmm and now that i rethink it, could work well on my gokart :0

do turbo's work on carbs without modification of the carb?

- for the gokart of course!

haha you know it. hell this post was goin no where. atleast i'm tryin to bring it back to the topic of motorsports. i'd be watching the history channel if i cared about the civil war lol.

k well seriously. i actually wanna try the electric super charger for the car. input?

real input. not, ur gay, or, ricer..etc. it's an experiment. others have tried, some where successful. i'm lookin for things like, what's the most efficent fan design? turbine or standard 'computer style' fan? i can get some phat ass industrial motors here and there. when i find one that fits my the design, i'll start.

i just got a 3.5 hp gas brigs & straton motor tonight :p idk what to do w/ it yet lol.

Last edited:
put a leafblower on that bitch. on that small motor that means big boost.

the electric superchargers are a waste of money. they give the plecebo effect, you want to think its faster bc you just bought it, so you believe you felt a difference.

Back