INTAKE INSTALLED!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 25 2004, 02:57 PM
did you reset your ECU???

no I've heard that you're suppose to reset your ECU also so I don't think it's a joke.

the whole resetting the ecu thing: I guess there is a small amount of memory in the ecu that holds data of most used data on the fuel map, that was originally used for the fuel ratios with the oem intake. Since you have a colder charge air, or less restrictive system, or something like that, resetting the ecu memory forces the ecu to input new lookup points in the fuel map. I dunno if that is how the ecu works in a honda, it maybe just generic instructions, since CAIs are made for various makes and models. I'd did it just to be on the safe side. Like I said before, I definitely noticed a little gain, especially on the top end.

EDIT: regarding the hole, just use a couple of rubber washers to cut down on the vibration.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 25 2004, 07:28 PM
um why would I have to reset my ecu? That makes no sense.

Sig material?

You know it.

what the fuck? Right.

Anyway, the car runs fine so any fuel/ignition curves maps or whatthe fuck ever isn't really effecting it in any way shape or form.

So as I finish this post I must say, resetting the ECU for taking off a tube and installing a new one is pointless....how is that sig material? when this thread is dead that sig will make no sense to anyone.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 26 2004, 04:28 PM
what the fuck? Right.

Anyway, the car runs fine so any fuel/ignition curves maps or whatthe fuck ever isn't really effecting it in any way shape or form.

So as I finish this post I must say, resetting the ECU for taking off a tube and installing a new one is pointless....how is that sig material? when this thread is dead that sig will make no sense to anyone.

I would reset your ECU it takes all of 10 secs

it just lets your ECU relearn the fuel/air mix your car will run fine without doing anything but it will be a tad on the lean side

as far as the warrenty goes you just voided it by putting something aftermarket on your car if lets say your TPS breaks and they found that it was caused by your intake... no warrenty for you =)

however if your wheelbearing goes out or your exhust, tranny, seats fall apart they will still cover it just nothing that has to do with the intake since it is not OEM honda

Thanks Jeffie. I already realized that. However, I think he meant the warrenty on the intake is voided by not bolting it down, not the warrenty on the automobiles' powertrain. ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 28 2004, 02:38 AM
Thanks Jeffie. I already realized that. However, I think he meant the warrenty on the intake is voided by not bolting it down, not the warrenty on the automobiles' powertrain. ;)

probably both :)

To add to what everyone has already said: Taking the 2 minutes to reset your ECU ensures that it has a "fresh start" adjusting itself to the new air-flow. However, I blieve the car tends to run a bit rich, not lean.

And uhh, yeah, the car will still obviously run if you don't do it, but it's the right way to do it. And thats the way things should be done.

Back