Integra DA H22a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedTopPrelude

Hi there,
I was thinking about a cheap project and i always liked the shape of the DA especially the coupe. I am the owner of a prelude Vtec and i have to say the H22a is a great engine.
Would it be possible to put the H22a inside a DA integra, what would be the main problems?
What about chassis regidity?
Thanks

It's a great swap to do. Chassis regidity? no worrys man!

Explicit Speed Performance Has everything you need to know/read about H22 swaps into EF/DA's.

I recommend doing it. This will probably be my next project; H22a/CRX

Thanks man.
I was afraid that the extra torgue might be an issue. I visited their website, it looked pretty cool and pro. Do they organize chipping outside the US? I am from New Zealand.
Is their stuff road legal?

I might get a Honda Prelude BB6 Type S H22A Engine & 5spd gearbox conversion package including both drive shafts complete with loom computer all engine bay electrics as removed form Japanese import front half done only 88,568kms (sorry no miles). I know this engine is OBD2 and on the prelude has the ATTS gear box, i know as well that they are 220Hp stock!! Would i have any problems with this engine swap? Should i get a H22A1?

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, you can do that. it's the same thing, you'll just need to run it obd1 instead of 2(no big deal).

BTW, Honda's arent as weak as you seem to think ;)
For instance- this guys putting down 568hp/400ft. lbs on a single cam.

The main problem with hondas is the wheel hop. Nothing a traction bar and good suspension can't help, of course.

IMAGE_029.jpg

Pic is old and now its much cleaner but you get the point. ESP is FTW :ph34r:

Back