integra is back from swap!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well it only took this shop 2 days to do my swap and it runs great...but was hoping for more out of the b20z....i have a 4-2-1 header on it and i also have a cai and a holley throttle body thats going on tomarrow but i am looking for more... is there any bolt-ons that i could do untill i find a b16 head??? plus does anyone have a b16 head for sale?? well any input would be appreciated :D

Pretty much any boltons that you could use on your old B18A will work on the B20Z. Depending on how your shop put everything together, it's probably all the same as it was pre-swap under the hood except for a block with an 84mm instead of 81mm bore.

What tranny do u have? and have u raced any body yet or have a guesstamate of your 1/4 time. I lost toruq after i installed my 4into1 dc in my 95gsr and didnt notice high end gain but ran a 14.6 at 94.0mph with intake, header and stock exhaust. I now havea b20z vtec and im very happy with the tourq. Your best bang for the buck is to get a vetc head.

What intake manifold are you using? Check into a skunk unit or the like.

i wish i could do a swap, i want a b20 damnit, someone help me swap my b20 in my integra when i get it yeah?

Originally posted by Mattyg2@Dec 16 2004, 05:13 PM
i wish i could do a swap, i want a b20 damnit, someone help me swap my b20 in my integra when i get it yeah?
[post=433333]Quoted post[/post]​

B20Z swap:
$900 for engine
$200 for replacement parts
$350 for clutch

$1450'ish

My friend just finished his B20Z swap in his 98 LX... it tiiight

b20b's are 700 at passwordjdm and other places, and i think my clutch is pretty good still, i can still chirp to 2nd without grinding, i just basically want a new engine because mine leaks and burns a lot of oil

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 16 2004, 05:01 PM
What intake manifold are you using? Check into a skunk unit or the like.
[post=433327]Quoted post[/post]​

if your thinking of the b20b then youll have to change the intake manifold but in his case, he has a b20z which comes with the lower and shorter intake manifold.

Originally posted by 93gsintegra@Dec 11 2004, 10:41 PM
well it only took this shop 2 days to do my swap and it runs great...but was hoping for more out of the b20z....i have a 4-2-1 header on it and i also have a cai and a holley throttle body thats going on tomarrow but i am looking for more... is there any bolt-ons that i could do untill i find a b16 head??? plus does anyone have a b16 head for sale?? well any input would be appreciated :D
[post=430620]Quoted post[/post]​

did you keep the z manifold or did you use your ls IM??

Originally posted by integraxtc+Dec 21 2004, 03:15 PM-->
93gsintegra
@Dec 11 2004, 10:41 PM
well it only took this shop 2 days to do my swap and it runs great...but was hoping for more out of the b20z....i have a 4-2-1 header on it and i also have a cai and a holley throttle body thats going on tomarrow but i am looking for more... is there any bolt-ons that i could do untill i find a b16 head??? plus does anyone have a b16 head for sale??  well any input would be appreciated :D
[post=430620]Quoted post[/post]​

did you keep the z manifold or did you use your ls IM??
[post=435504]Quoted post[/post]​

i used the stock ls intake and went with a megan header....megan is a cheap copy of a mugen or dc style but it was 85.00 shipped and works and looks great....so all i really kept from the b20z set up was the block and head...i had to swap out intake man. , ex. man, crank pulley...but it went in great and runs good.... i would like to put a b16 head on it soon though

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SWAP OR THE HEAD BRIAN???
IF ITS THE HEAD I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OIL LINE FOR VTEC, HEAD MACHINING TO FILL OIL SUPPLY HOLE, ECM PROGRAMMING, WIRING FOR KNOCK SENSOR AND VTEC OIL PRESSOR, INTAKE AND WHAT ELSE??

Back