Intermittent Wipers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
So for some reason my intermittent wiper mode just doesn't work anymore. The vehicle in question is a 91 CRX DX. So is there a relay that controls this that I need to change that may have failed.

PLEASE let me know if you find out!! I have a 91 DX that sometimes the intermittents work and sometimes not. I would LOVE to find a 91 Civic ETM (electronic test manual) if you know anyone who has one for sale.

It is controlled by the switch.. Replace the whole switch and stalk.. Can usually be found on eBay, as people use them to add intermittent wipers to a non equipped model.

I'm not so sure the switch is shot. All other functions work. Lo wiper, High Wiper etc... Even when I choose intermittent the wipers go on once and stop. Which leads me to believe there is a relay of some sort.

Not a EE or even seen the schematic- but my guess is that there's a charging/timing circuit in line with a relay behind the intermittent wiper stalk somewhere. That part is probably bad- wipes once, tries to charge the timing section of the circuit and fails, never wipes again. Just a guess. I know it's not much help. Maybe a module close to the fuse box that's attached to the wiper fuse?

Back