Is a d series worth building?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks alot for the help everyone.
does anyone know exactly what blocks will fit on a d16y8 head?

All USDM D-series blocks will fit. A D16A6 out of 1988-1991 Civic/CRX Si's is the strongest D block.

Don't know about auto wrekers around you but there is one near me and they have a perfect build candidate. It's a D16A6 that burns oil and they will give it to me for $200.

Last edited:
Not eBay brand, just off of eBay. You can get name brand stuff, just cheaper. GE sells sleeves on eBay, as do other brands.

Not eBay brand, just off of eBay. You can get name brand stuff, just cheaper. GE sells sleeves on eBay, as do other brands.

I see what you mean, the only brands i saw were Darton though for like 500$ for D series sleeves.

Last edited:
alright awesome!
ima gunna keep a eye out for a d16a6 block then.
with a d16a6 block and a d16y8 head will the stock sleeves hold up if the car is boosted?

alright awesome!
ima gunna keep a eye out for a d16a6 block then.
with a d16a6 block and a d16y8 head will the stock sleeves hold up if the car is boosted?

How much power are you trying to reach? 300 I think? I believe you'll be alright but I don't really know.

Last edited:
yea i will be a daily drver so around there maybe a little more.

i just picked up a d16a6 for my hatch. it has a d15b7 now. can someone give some pointers?
am new the the swap scene. i have a few basic questions.

Back