is it possible to swap a B20A5 into a 1987 crx??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Parrish36

so i have a 1987 crx that is set up for a 3/8's oval race track and i have a B20A5 just sittin here and i wanted to know if this could possibley be done or has someone else done this before???

waz up man i read ur message and to b honest with u it"s posible cause B16 fits so theres not a problem at all ur gonna have to change hub or spindle but it's really easy latez

yes but it will be 100% custom everything,and the b29a5 is way different from all the other b series motors

This swap is going to SUCK. especially in a cornering situation. At speed the extra weight will jump in and rock the front end out.

You'll do a tire change every 5 laps. Maybe if you did mile oval, and avoided most of the circle tracks out there... got something with a high bank.

I wouldn't do it.

well i just started the swap 2 days ago im just sorting through all of the wiring i dont need and cutting it out. i was thinking about just switching the CV joints on the trans side and leaving the hubs and spindals and that side of the axle for the 1.5 would it work or just bust the axles right off???

Back