Is it worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok so this little used car dealer by my house is selling a 1998 Integra GSR. Has 160k on it, No rust around the rocker panels, or rear wheel wells or anywhere from where I can see. Comes with the GSR Blades on it, with what looks like brand new tires. The guy is asking $5999, and the blue book is just over 6, but with that many miles is it really worth it? I havent driven it yet, because I seen it sunday and I called today, and I wanted to get your opinions on it.. Its red, which I dont really like, but I would settle for it cause I like the car. So thats all I really wanted to know, is if it's really worth it with that many miles. Yeah I know hondas run forever, I took one to 250k, so I know what they can do, its just whether or not I want to drop 6k on one with that many...

in my opinion, you could do better for $6k. for example... i bought my 95 integra with a b20vtec with gsr trans already done and running great for only $4k. it did have some flaws and was overall far from perfect, but after spending a little $$$, putting in some work, and adding some new wheels its pretty nice. and it only has 130k miles on the body and much less on the engine components. i remember when i was looking for an integra i found another one, i think it was a 96 that had a low miles jdm h22 and it was a nice clean car for $5k, that one got sold before i could check it out. i have found that modified cars are always cheaper. even so, i have seen stock gsrs with less miles for less than $6k..

if it hasnt been molested thats an ok price.. you could probably knock $1k off it.. my buddy got his 98 stolen and insurance gave him $6k

yeah its completely stock.. so thats why I was wondering, I guess I forgot to mention that lol.

alright, I'm probably going to go drive it tomorrow after work. See how everything is under the hood as well..

Not too bad a price. Its getting quite difficult to find them. +1 on the knocking off 1k bit. show up with cash or your own financing and tell him 5,200 out the door. Yes or no. Once chance, No bargaining.

Back