is it worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
is it worth it to run synthetic oil in a stock motor? or am i better off to to save the money and run conventional?

I run synthetic in pretty much everything. Considering that the price of Pennzoil Platinum at Wal-Fart is barely more than Valvoline Maxlife (what I used to use in the stock cars) I consider it a worthwhile upgrade. If you're not modded at all though, I doubt you'll notice the difference.

The first thing you should do is an oil analysis and see if you have problems or not.
If not YES, by all means run it. I've personally seen in upwards of 8+ mpg increases! Besides all the other benefits of running synthetics.

Usually people just change the engine oil and forget about the trans fluid etc..
You know that Hondas use motor oil in the manual trans' right?
I've seen cases split from owners using gearlube.

Check out Amsoil synthetics. We were the FIRST to come out with a AP approved synthetic for automotive use.
It can be expensive, but in most cases the drain interval goes up to 5 times the length of service (using oil analysis) that's where you can really save. And besides, our "XL" series oil is comparatively priced to the so-called blends or cheaper ones like Castrol syntech. (read the back of some of the containers.. They STILL WANT YOU TO CHANGE AT 3000 MILES)
What good is that?
I've got it in most everything I own/sell.
PM me for more info.

E

E

if your stock just use coventional..... if you do decide to switch just dont be wishy washy and switching from synthetic to coventional back and forth.

There are some people that run a 1/2 and 1/2 mix.... I personaly run maxlife in my DD and then run Royal Purple in my h22a SIR just me tho

right now i just run penzoil but in a few weeks when i finish my swap i be running the purple

Back