Is the VAFC hack good for an H22?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prelude213

I have a 2001 prelude , and I am currently in the process of boosting, and i was wondering if the V/S AFC hack would be ok to do on this motor, and would i have to use 550s instead of the DSM 450s? any help would be appreciated. I am gonna do a fuel pump too, and i just want something to get me by for a while until I can afford hondata. thanks :lol:

the 550's are generally too big, because you can't kill them enough % wise at idle with the vafc. thus, you flood at idle.

just get the 450s and keep the bost down until you get the hondata.

frankly, if you can afford a vafc and 450s, you can afford a $495 hondata system.

both need to be (SHOULD) tuned anyway.

Yeah, i just have a VAFC and DSM 450 right now, but i think i will have to wait for the hondata, but i also have an R-ideal headgasket, that in fmax kits lets you boost to 13psi, so would i be safe at like 9psi with the hack. also the torbo is a xs T04e. thanks for the help

You havn't heard of that? I t comes with all Fmax kist as an option, it lowers the compression, and allows you to run 13psi with the t3/to4b that comes with the kit with 100% stock internals, check the records on their site, my buddy has the fmax kit with the headgasket and thats it and he runs 12psi and got almost 300 whp with it. and yes i have a gm 3bar map, and i am not going to run 13psi, i was thinking 8 or 9 with the vafc mod.

Hey, how much did you paid for your Fmax turbo kit? Do you think it will work with Automatic Transmission. i also have 01 prelude Base AT. i also heard a lot of good things about Fmax turbo kit. Thanks

Originally posted by redwidow@Dec 11 2003, 04:07 AM
Hey, how much did you paid for your Fmax turbo kit? Do you think it will work with Automatic Transmission. i also have 01 prelude Base AT. i also heard a lot of good things about Fmax turbo kit. Thanks

:lol: f-max kits are shit. get the revhard kit from wiredspeedlab.com.

Back