Isabelle approaches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloazcrx

I"ve been out cleaning up and secureing everything down in my yard. The eye is expected to pass right over my house, so it looks like i'm in for a rough couple of days.

man hope all goes well for you.....i might have to leave school and go back home but it looks as though its going a little north of me.....we'll see

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 17 2003, 01:15 PM
if i were you i'd run outside naked and tie myself to a flagpole.

Just an idea.

And if I were you, I'd jack my car up on a hill and crawl underneath it with the e-brake off.

Just and idea.

Originally posted by sloazcrx+Sep 17 2003, 04:30 PM-->
@Sep 17 2003, 01:15 PM

Just an idea.

And if I were you, I'd jack my car up on a hill and crawl underneath it with the e-brake off.

Just and idea.

now why would I want to do that?
My jeep is high enough that I dont need jackstands.

Thankyoudrivethru.

Originally posted by sisteve+Sep 17 2003, 06:03 PM-->
Originally posted by sloazcrx@Sep 17 2003, 04:30 PM
sisteve
@Sep 17 2003, 01:15 PM

Just an idea.

Just and idea.

now why would I want to do that?
My jeep is high enough that I dont need jackstands.

Thankyoudrivethru.

:werd: trucks, ownz, fuck hondas :D

Originally posted by SLA@Sep 17 2003, 07:29 PM
Good luck down there! :D Hope your shit doesn't fly away!

No doubt. I'm kinda worried about my 240. I still haven't finished my sr swap and it's sitting under a big ass tree! Thanks for the shouts everybody, we'll be ok though. This ain't the first cane we've seen.

Good luck, Hurricane Opal was NOT fun, they closed the beach down for 10 days after it was over, did a shit load of damage..I think it was the same category as this one.

GL guys.. I know it'll be rough, but maybe you'll get disaster relief again! ;)

I've never heard this advice before... :eek:

"But a few thousand hardy - or foolhardy - souls ignored evacuation orders. Virginia Beach police suggested they write their names in permanent marker on their forearms so they can be identified if they are injured or killed" - from an AP news story

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 18 2003, 03:09 PM

"But a few thousand hardy - or foolhardy - souls ignored evacuation orders. Virginia Beach police suggested they write their names in permanent marker on their forearms so they can be identified if they are injured or killed" - from an AP news story

That would suck if you were vision impaired and had to rely on someone else...."dickhead" written all on your arms. :lol:

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97+Sep 18 2003, 03:12 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Sep 18 2003, 03:09 PM

That would suck if you were vision impaired and had to rely on someone else...."dickhead" written all on your arms. :lol:

lol, so far though, Isabelle seems to be nothing more than a big pussy as far as hurricanes go. This seems to be one of the weaker hurricanes I've experienced, but the big problem is usually the flooding, which we won't know about until later.

i live right on the water on the chesapeake bay and tidal surges are expected to be 3-6 feet above a normal high tide. it will not be good. will take pics of my flooded yard.

im just glad in live in winston salem......still hittin me fairly hard with the rain though...but as you guys can see i still have power.

Back