It runs...Hooraaaaayyyyy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

Well I finished most of my sir2 swap up last night and decided to see if it would start. At first i wasnt getting anything so i was thinking the starter wasnt right but then I hopped in and realized I didnt have the clutch pedal pushed in (No fluid in the clutch lines yet). But that worked and the car fired right up first time. Started idling a little rough but i think that is just air in the injectors.

I am using the MAP sensor off the old d15b8 engine and no evap purge sensor hooked up. No place for it anyway so we'll see if this affects anything. Also the radiator hose that hmotors said to use wasnt the right one...I ended up having to use the 97 integra type r lower hose; and i dont even know what the hose was i used for the upper...it lines up though. Well i think i will try to completely finish it tonight and give it a test drive. Only 7 more hours of my job until i can go! :mrgreen:

By the way...does anyone know a better radiator to use for this swap...the old ones nozzles are a little too small so i had to use some silicone and hose clamps to fit it to the radiator.

use the fluidyne radiator it works great,, it has the larger couplings for the b-series swap .. i have an sir2 swap they run great ..good luck on the rest
RA7racing

It's cheaper for a reason....

Stay away from SSAuotChrome at all costs.
Either go with a Koyo, Fluyidyne, or a radiator from a Del Sol VTEC.

I'd just try to find a del sol vtec one. They really get the job done fine.

Well I tried out the paperclip method last night and the cel was not flashing...i'm pretty sure i was doing it right because when i put the clip in, the cel came on but stayed solid and then when i removed it the light went off. no flashing even though the evap purge solinoid or knock sensor is not plugged in.

The car runs now although still a little concerned about all the exhaust coming out. I just want to drive it.

Well. when it is just idling it is a light colored exhaust but then when i give it gas it turns black. since it is parked right in front of a wall, it hits the wall and you can see it is sooty.. like carbon. I removed the spark plugs (brand new) and they are covered with carbon as well.

the only part of the exhaust not hooked up yet is where it hooks together under the fire wall at the flange.

Sounds like you're running super rich. Might want to consider an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.

It allows you to control how much fuel is put into the fuel rail and injectors. It usually has a screw or something that you can adjust more or less fuel in your air/fuel mixture. Of buy a VAFC or Hondata or something. :shrug2:

On the radiator, just go to VatoZone or something and buy a stock radiator for a vtec DelSol. You don't have to buy a "special" radiator just because it says JDM.

I dont care if its "JDM"...i just dont want to have to spend $300 dollars on a radiator. The jdm one i was looking at is $69.00.

I would refuse to put a $69.00 radiator in anyone's car that I cared about. Best of luck to you if you decide to buy one.

I have run my sir 2 40,000 miles on the d15 single core rad. Even in the summer with the AC. No problems.

I have been running my b18c just as him ^. No problems either. I see what you mean about the $69.00 radiator. I thought you meant a new one. If it's OEM Honda then you may be okay. Scary that they don't provide a picture. Thing could be eaten up with rust. Good luck, though. I know what it is like to have to fix a car on a tight budget. Sucks.

Back