ITR JDM B18C swap into 94 eg vx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

muzeii

Hi, i just signed up and i have a question. First time solo engine swap (worked on a couple with educated friends), but experienced honda tuner.

I'm swapping a 97 JDM ITR b18c into my 94 hatch shell. I'm having some wiring problems.

Heres what i know: It's a VX hatch so the chasis is wired for obd1 vtec, the JDM b18c engine is obd2a, i figured out where the wires on the ecu side of the shock tower plug are as well as the knock sensor wire. The orginal enigne harness (JDM so rhd) is not usable (its cut up ( not by me) but i still have the plugs off it if i need them)

my problem, i'm pretty sure the !@#$ing guy who sold me an engine harness a few days ago didn't know what he was selling me or just plain ripping me off.

I thought i was getting an obd1 VTEC GSR harness... (it was uncut unpurchase)
I just finished converting the distributer plug and alternator plug, then started pluggin the harness onto the engine and realized hey! no vtec plugs ( i have no idea now what harness it is it kinda matches the wire diagrams i have for a intgera and it kinda matches the wire diagrams i have for 94 vx). So my problem begins, i see how i can custom wire in the vtec controls no problem, and the knock sensor no problem, but my concern is what else am i missing ... is it that easy? There is this one wire i'm concerned about, it's white, and the plug on the end of it fits onto the vtec solenoid plug.... its the only thing that reflects a vtec harness, but the color doesn't match any of my diagrams what is it?

Once i converted the distributer plug, the alternator plug, i also had to convert the injector plugs. It seems i have most plugs pluged to something now and it's going ok....

Anyhow my engine isn't installed its still on my engine stand, so i can't start it to see whats up, i figured it would be easiest to get all the wiring done before putting it in the engine bay....

I'm a percise person and i like to take the time to make sure it's right, having wires around that i don't know what to do with bugs me.

My main question is should i jsut wire in the vtec and knock sensor? or should i just find (form what i've read around here a true obd2 gsr harness which from what i've gathered will work really easily?)?? I just don't want to miss anything..

Any insight is awesome! i tried to provide as much info as i could....

88 crx OBD0 to OBD2

hey guys l have a 88 crx and i'm dropping a b18c5 OBD2. My crx is OBD0. I was told to go with OBD2 to OBD1 to get the most rpm out of the motor and it would be less problems the OBD0. Also do i use the wiring harness from my 88 crx si or from the 99 b18c5 motor?. I have yonaka motor mounts and the front clip of a 94 integra. will te axles work and shift linkage? If anyoe has any info it would be great

Back