JDM b16 SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Travis

Ok i have post a couple of time and i have not got a straight answer yet.

1. My are between 1500-2500 rpm my car idle surges?

2. My check engine light is on and it say code 1 (O2 and i replace it and still not going off and i reset the ecu)?

3. what is the best ecu for my car i think i am gettin a p30 is that one good?

4. i am using my LS ecu, if i replace that ecu with a vtec will the car run better?

5. i also need to know how to run the vacume line in a integra can any one take a pic of the engine tat was a b16 sir1 in a teg 92-93

i have searched and nothing

no because that is a obd0 ecu and i need a obd 1 computer

The p30,p71 and p72 all work in this motor for the obd1 use

OMFG, you have the worst typing skills. Please reword the post and change all spelling errors. Than maybe I can lend a hand.

i have a 92 XSi swap and it came with a pr3 ECU. This motor is OBD1. So as far as i know, IntegraBuildUp is correct.

but what do i know... i'm just a blonde girl. :lol:

Originally posted by Travis@Nov 11 2003, 07:51 PM
Ok i have post a couple of time and i have not got a straight answer yet.

1. My are between 1500-2500 rpm my car idle surges?

2. My check engine light is on and it say code 1 (O2 and i replace it and still not going off and i reset the ecu)?

3. what is the best ecu for my car i think i am gettin a p30 is that one good?

4. i am using my LS ecu, if i replace that ecu with a vtec will the car run better?

5. i also need to know how to run the vacume line in a integra can any one take a pic of the engine tat was a b16 sir1 in a teg 92-93

i have searched and nothing

1. Take a look at your other problems, this is probably why you are idling so high.
2. You might want to replace the O2 sensor anyways, as it probably would not hurt to have a new one.
3. P30 or a chipped p28 would not be a bad choice.
4. This is probably the cause to all your problems. Get another ecu...
b16avacdiagram.gif

Damn...this is off topic, but my car has SO many more vaccuum lines than that. I get tangled in them whenever I try to do anything

Thanks for that diagram and all the help. I guess i just need to get a new computer. I replaced the O2 senser and the code still on. Oh well, i just will get a new computer and see how that goes.

Thanks Travis :worthy:

your surging might be from low coolant or a bad coolant temp sensor. i have that problem in my hatch right now. is it hard to start when it is cold? and it could be that a vaccum hose has a crack in it also. run your car at an idle and spray carb cleaner on all the vaccun hoses, FPR, fuel injectors, and where the intake manifold meets the head. you might have a leak somewhere.

but definatly try to get your hands on a vtec ecu.

My coolent temp gauge is not reading any thing. i am not sure what the problem is yet, because i had to extend the wires so it to connect. I disconnected one of the wires my gauge pegs out then, if i connect the wires back togather it does not read any thing on my gauge. You think that could be it. It worked on my last motor??

Does any one know of a obd1 Dohc vtec ecu for sale??

Sorry about the typing mistakes :(

Does any one know if you can use a SOHC V-tec dist. on a b16 and work right??

No, I just get in a hurry and don't check my typing.

Back