jdm b16a SIR II del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelFast

hokay ive done a fair amount of reading on this site and i couldnt find much in search so im gonna ask these few questions dumb as some of them i know are but i dont wanna buy something and end up realizing it wont fit.

1. how hard is it to pull off and just not use the A/C compressor since i dont want it i have windows.

2. how hard is the wiring from a standard del sol S to the engine. not how to do it just how hard. we'll assume for fun that they cut it.

3. will the axles fit right into the DS's wheels?

4. Can i use parts off any USDM b16? or can i only get them from certain ones.

thanks for the help sorry for any repost this may create.

what is ur questions? r u goin from a del sol with a d series motor and swaping a b16 or what?

yea sorry i forgot that part.

its a D15b7 del sol and puttin in a b16a sir II. I know partially what im doing as far as installation goes. and i know how to wire just not what to wire but i gotta do that at school so it wont be hard.

nevermind the A/C one i figured it out.

just how difficult will it be to wire that engine.

will the new b16a axles fit the del sol wheel hub assembly and what not.

lastly can i just use any b16a engine parts off like a 99-00 si or do i have to get em from 92-95 b16a's?

im pretty sure u can use parts off of a 99-00 si but don't quote me on that. as far as the other stuff. u will need motor mounts and tranny mounts from a sir delsol. or u can buy them new on hasport.com. i think vtec came wired on the car just not hooked up. let me tell you tho, for ur situation google will help u out ALOT

1. how hard is it to pull off and just not use the A/C compressor since i dont want it i have windows.
it's easy. just pull it off. i would leave it on though. doesn't add power if you take it off.
2. how hard is the wiring from a standard del sol S to the engine. not how to do it just how hard. we'll assume for fun that they cut it.
it's easy. just get the b-series wiring guide.
3. will the axles fit right into the DS's wheels?
if you get b-series axles
4. Can i use parts off any USDM b16? or can i only get them from certain ones.
b-16's came stock in later del sols. just get all of those parts

Im kind of in the same boat here, my 93 del sol is the si with the d16z6 sohc vtec, i was told the jdm b16a2 obd1 engine swap would be pretty much plug and play, and that my motor mounts would be reusable, and im going to pay around 2700$ for this engine, price sound around right? if there is a thread with this already my bad.

$2700 is kinda high. where are you getting it from?

Calgary, Alberta. Canada. which would be around 2,000$ usd (2700cad) i guess.
Still just pondering if this b16 will give me a shitload of problems, or not, the guy whom is selling it, tells me that it should be a simple install.

1 quick question, ive been searching for about 4 hours today, trying to figure out if the stock b16 that comes in the del sol,b16a2 USDM, would be identical to the jdm engine b16a2.
just trying to figure if all the parts would work on the motors. example, if the usdm motor distributor, axles, etc... if you could swap parts from one to the other.

sorry if im confusing, having a bad day. eeeek...

Hey "Word.", I'm in Calgary. I think I can hook you up with one for a lot less. How many kms on the motor and tranny? Mind if I ask who you're getting it from?

Well it was from jdmtuners, But ive found a del sol, (Write off) with the USDM motor stock b16a2 i guess the compression is different, (10-2-1)which would in the end ultimatly be worse when i go to turbo the car. anyways i was told that all the parts from the jdm b16a2 would be interchangable with the Usdm b16a2? Is this true? nice to have a second opinion.

Back