JDM F22B DOHC into 95 Accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ph0on

I've done a lot of searching on here and other forums, I'm putting a JDM F22B into my 1995 Accord LX auto...the engine hydrolocked. I'm wondering what exactly I will need. I've seen people talk about distributor problems, exhaust port size problems, wiring harness modification, wiring/vaccum line extensions...

I need to know exactly what to expect when I do this. I'm using my Accord tranny and ECU until I can get a hold of the right ECU. Will I need to do any modification to the distributor cap, or can it be fixed at the harness with some extra wiring? Will I need different motor mounts? Will I need to extend any vaccum lines / wiring? Will the exhaust headers from the F22B line up with my Accord's stock exhaust system?

If anyone has done this swap & could take a few to help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I need this done ASAP so please get back to me...

There's nothing wrong with a 95 motor, but I believe that you will find several small differences on the motor to deal with. The H22, H23 and F22A have much more in common than the F22B1 or F22B2. Not many people come back and tell us about their swap. Either they don't feel like sharing, didn't finish, or the swap was easy. Come back and tell us what you run into. You'll be just fine. I bet you need to modify your PS hose, since the F22B is DOHC. The wiring should be simple, and well exhaust can always be cut and welded at a shop. The motor should bolt right up if you have the correct motor mounts.

I DID THAT SWAP ON MY 92 ACCORD OBD1, IF YOU KNOW IF ITS OBD1 WITCH I THINK IT IS THEN YOU WONT HAVE PROBLEM THERE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO EXTEND SOME PLUGS AROUND, AND THE MOUNT ON THE TIMING BELT SIDE IS DIFFRENT. YOU WILL NEED THE MOUNT YOU BUY WHEN PUTTING A H22A IN YOUR ACCORD.
I KNOW ITS DIFFRENT FOR SURE. BUT I DONTK NOW WHAT MOUNT TO TELL YOU TO BUY.
A/C BRACKET FROM SOHC TO DOHC AND POWER STEERING LEAVE WHAT IT HAS JUST CHANGE THE BIG MAIN HOSE, TO A PRELUDE. HOSE. AND ALSO USE THE ALTERNATOR RACKET FROM SOHC TO DOHC.
INJECTORS LEAVE WHAT IT HAS, AND USE THE YOUR FUEL RAIL. WITH REGULATOR. YOU WILL NEED TO PROBABLY EXTEND VACUMM LINE ALSO. BUT NOT SURE WITCH ONES.
AND MOST IMPORTANT. HEADERS WILL NOT FIT FROM YOUR MOTOR TO THE DOHC, YOU NEED TO BUY FROM 90 TO 93 ACCORD OR H23 PRELUDE HEADERS. IF IT COMES WITH THE JDM HEADERS (USE THEM) THEY ARE GREAT!!!! BETTER THEN ANY STOCK MOTOR OUT THERE BUT THE JDM TYPE R'S YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO GET SOMETHING DONE. AT THE BOTTOM WITH YOUR PIPING OK.
GET THOSE $100 HEADERS ON EBAY I GOT THOSE AND THEY MADE BIG DIFFRENCE. FROM THOS JDM HEADERS IT COMES WITH. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, EMAIL ME AT
lowcopr19@yahoo.com just put a good subject so i wont erase you. i get alot of junk mail.

Easy on the CAPS 92CivicLS, they make for harder reading, and most moderators frown on all capitol letters.

92CivicLS said:
GET THOSE $100 HEADERS ON EBAY I GOT THOSE AND THEY MADE BIG DIFFRENCE.

Are you serious? I'd take the stock headers from a JDM H22 anyday over a set of $100 E-Bay headers...

Back