1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jdm Or Usdm?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by supermonkeyboy, Jan 27, 2003.

1. supermonkeyboy

supermonkeyboy Junior Member

im about to order a jdm b18c motor obd1, and swap it into a 94 hatch cx... i was wondering what problems i would run into since the jdm motor is from a RHD car... like wiring is it all going to be the same as if i got a usdm motor? if not then what are teh differences and troubles that i should look for.... and what about power steering and a/c is it impossible to keep them if i get the JDM motor (ill probably lose them for the extra power and less weight but damn its hot in the summer haha)... any suggestions? thanks

2. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

you can use everything you had. youll have to use your old engine harness and add the appropriate wires.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yip,it will be easy as long as you have everything (axles,ecu,shiftlinkage,mounts and motor,trannt of course) and then run the vtec wires.

4. onefastcivic

onefastcivic Senior Member

hello jdm motors are universal and i dont think cx has a ran vtec wire but im not sure you might need the wiring harness from the jdm motor

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Yes, the engines are, but the wiring harnesses aren't. A RHD harness will be backwards from a LHD harness.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted