JDM p30 OBD1 chipping help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dblkack

whats up people!

I bought this ecu untampered with virgin and when I installed in my 95 teg the cel went on...
When I drove in hard...I believe its the knock sensor but I have to
check it first...
I interested in chipping my ECU...inorder to disable the KS...I currently have a LS/VTEC with a b16A head...
Is there a step by step link I can go to etc??? is there a way to disable without chipping??? What would be the best way to go...
thanks
DeE
NYC

the jdm ecu's are surface mount pads not through hole so it will be tougher to chip but can be done. if you have never chipped before i wouldn't recomend doing it yourself on a jdm board for your first one.

i chip but prefer not to chip JDM ecus because of the pad type, have done it before but its a pain in the ass. i would recomend selling it on ebay and with the money you get from it you can get a chipped ecu and run whatever program you want that would better suite your motors needs. i should have some more chipped ecu's pretty soon.

I probably take your advise...if not i'm going to look to see who could
chip it out first...if all else fails...
thanks
Danny

ah ah ah. unless mine is a "one of a kind" i have a JDM P30 ecu and the ROM, the part you care about, is thru hole and easy to solder. ....I can make you a chip that's basicly stock minus the knock sensor... just pm me. they also will talk about soldering on a (i belive) 12 pin chip that's located next to the ROM. That's not thru hole, BUT if your ecu is like mine...no worry. you dont have to solder that. our ecu's are like, ready to chip.

thanks for the reply...

But my ECU is not through hole...I've read that the JDM does not come through hole...maybe usdm...I've found a kit on moates.net so i'm going to try and see if I could do the surgury on it...i'll keep you posted
thanks
DeE

Back