JDM Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 24 2003, 10:54 AM
It's worse than that.

When my gf was in Japan last summer she said sh saw a couple riced out Astro Vans. She brought me a Car Boy mag back and many of the integra drivers are running USDM front ends with Acura badges.

LMAO, its like we should just trade what we have for their shit... guess people will just want what they can't have.

imho, i like the car, it's clean as hell. however, i would rock other rims, but other then that. thumbs up!

yeah, that would be nice if we got those skylines, lancers (used from years ago), tru silvia's, B16 motors already in our hatch's, Altezza's (the fast and nice ones). And we ship out these damn domestics, that would be nice for sure. But makes you wonder if their was a reverse roll and this board would be called FordSwap.com,,,,,,,,,,ahhhhhhh

Milan

Did anyone notice the intake system? He's got a couple of dryer vent hoses run up to the big filter on the throttle body.... :ghey:

I'd pull that shit off, and rock that car. I kinda like it.

thats fuckin clean. the rims are pretty sick too. the funny thing is that real JDM Type R's are going for less than the USDM ones. I know a guy who imports motors, cars, everything and he has a 96 or somthing white Type R for sale, i forgot how much hes asking but its either 12 or 14k. I heard the motors go for about $100 US in japan.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 24 2003, 06:43 PM
he has a 96 or somthing white Type R for sale, i forgot how much hes asking but its either 12 or 14k.

Let's see... How much older is a '96 Type R than a '98 or '00 Type R? That's probably why it's so cheap.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jun 25 2003, 12:39 AM
This silver car... is... in fact... a GSR.

how can you tell? I was kinda suspicous of the black valve cover....why would you replace the Type R red one? :unsure:

It is in fact a JDM RHD car. Sorry for the large picture but if you look, not many people have this badge on their car and the only way I can think of is riveting it on or putting a different front clip on your car, which I know a few people that have done that.

P5070038.JPG

If you look even closer, it says its a b18c1 which is a usdm motor. Kind of odd ehh? Only way to find out is to ask and run car fax, etc.

I'm thinking he imported the chassis, put in a US motor, and had it inspected and is now selling it as a JDM car.

It's pretty nice, I'm sure the chassis was originally an Integra SiR or whatever they called the 180 HP with the dual runner intake manifold, but I wouldn't give 15 grand for a car that's been pieced together, no matter how JDM it was.

i am pretty sure that its a full jdm gsr...my friend has a jdm gsr and its coded b18c1...oh and jdm type r's and gsr's both had the one piece headlights, but i think the gsrs have chrome housing. the only 4 eyes they have in japan is the "LS" models...(idk if they are called "LS" thats why)

It does have the USDM type r seats in it, so yeah it will be tough to tell.

It's a Honda Integra SiR. That's all. Why would he buy a ITR and replace it with a GSR motor? Also, JDM motor codes don't end in numbers. B18C, B16A, B16B, etc.

Back