john stewart on crossfire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whoa. BADASS. Those guys couldn't handle the heat at all.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 16 2004, 07:01 PM
Did you open up all the correct ports?
[post=403503]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike, I am stupid when it comes to computers. Now how exactly do I do that?

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 16 2004, 06:01 PM
Did you open up all the correct ports?
[post=403503]Quoted post[/post]​

Ive been wondering how to do this too. Can you suggest either how to do it, or where to find how to?

John Stewart is the MAN! Hes show is great and hes a great guy. I agree he should be president!

Actually I thought he did really well- and made quite an impression with his viewers. He made the hosts look like total asses.

he might have made the host look like asses, but he still didnt accomplish anything. he said he wasnt trying to be funny, but the way he was talking was clearly comedic. the audience was laughing the entire time.
i think he can be a funny guy, but imo that vid was stupid

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 17 2004, 08:00 PM
Actually I thought he did really well- and made quite an impression with his viewers. He made the hosts look like total asses.
[post=403746]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont get it. What did he say to impress you? And how did he make the hosts look like asses?

There wasn't enough time for him to present what he thought needed to be changed, just enough for him to trash them.

Was he presented was true, and at least people are thinking about it now.

alright before I start asking questions and the like, let me give my take....

Crossfire is a show that is hosted by one Democrat & one Republican. They each give their take on politics from their respective sides, stating their opinions as they see fit. In the case of that segment, Jon Stewart was brought on with the intention of giving his own comedic spin on the campaigns, debates, etc etc. Instead, he takes the opportunity to bash the show saying how they are part of the problem in modern politcs and their show should be used to better inform the public on fact instead of 'spinning' the issues @ their whim.

First off...what gives this dude the right to come on THEIR show and tell them how bad it is??? One of the hosts asked him "so if somebody invites you to their house for dinner, do you criticize them and tell them how wrong they are?" which Stewart replied "yes, if I see they need to be". Really Jon Stewart? Are you really that self-centered to think that we all need you to 'stick up' for the American people and tell us how wrong CNN and the modern media is in their depiction of the current state of politics and the politicians that are involved??? I don't think so. He purposely came on that show to be controversial, and that is what he accomplished. That same segment is on just about every board I've visted and everyone's had the same opinion, "oh way to tell em Jon" or "Jon Stewart made them look like asses."

Not in mine eyes ladies and gentleman, not in mine eyes....

Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 17 2004, 05:58 PM
That same segment is on just about every board I've visted and everyone's had the same opinion, "oh way to tell em Jon" or "Jon Stewart made them look like asses."

[post=403832]Quoted post[/post]​

my?
:p

Originally posted by spectacle@Oct 17 2004, 05:58 PM
alright before I start asking questions and the like, let me give my take....

Crossfire is a show that is hosted by one Democrat & one Republican. They each give their take on politics from their respective sides, stating their opinions as they see fit. In the case of that segment, Jon Stewart was brought on with the intention of giving his own comedic spin on the campaigns, debates, etc etc. Instead, he takes the opportunity to bash the show saying how they are part of the problem in modern politcs and their show should be used to better inform the public on fact instead of 'spinning' the issues @ their whim.

First off...what gives this dude the right to come on THEIR show and tell them how bad it is??? One of the hosts asked him "so if somebody invites you to their house for dinner, do you criticize them and tell them how wrong they are?" which Stewart replied "yes, if I see they need to be". Really Jon Stewart? Are you really that self-centered to think that we all need you to 'stick up' for the American people and tell us how wrong CNN and the modern media is in their depiction of the current state of politics and the politicians that are involved??? I don't think so. He purposely came on that show to be controversial, and that is what he accomplished. That same segment is on just about every board I've visted and everyone's had the same opinion, "oh way to tell em Jon" or "Jon Stewart made them look like asses."

[post=403832]Quoted post[/post]​

Really the problem with the show is how divisive it is and how that is antithetical to the progress of American politics. As he clearly stated, it is not a real debate show because what you get are not intellectual and grounded in reality debates, but arguments based on toeing the party line and knee-jerk reactions. It is the divisiveness of the parties that really impedes progress. Both parties worry too much about keeping to the party line and consequently dont allow themselves to support good legislation based on no other reason other than they will look bad to their peers and party.
What John Stuart did was what nobody has been willing or able to do, which is tell them that their theatre does nothing to further America, and instead only pushes us farther apart and reinforces our already biased beliefs. I admire Stuart for having the balls to look like an ass to further political discourse in the US. Unfortunatly most people are too caught up in the process of things to realize the things that John Stuart pointed out.

Back