1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a little information

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by tcoker79, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tcoker79

tcoker79 New Member

Hey everyone! New to the site and came across this information this morning from this thread.

http://hondaswap.com/civic-crx-ew/need-know-what-cars-i-can-pull-few-parts-462962/

"
    Grab the front calipers/rotors from a 1g teg.
    You could probably use the (female) seat belts too.
    Ecu from a 1g teg if yours is an SI and keep it 5spd/same animal. Actually the whole engine/trans and supporting bracketry/wiring/cooling from a 1g teg.
    Whole rear suspension/cables from a 1g teg swap the rear brakes at your leisure. Maybe a 40/40 2g teg prop valve.
    Look for headers..
    " " Performance mufflers
    " " larger rims with same bolt pattern/offset (4x100)
    " " early B series resister box injectors

and of course, money/guns under the seats, in trunks"

Was curious and would like more information on the ecu swap and possibly engine swap (my CRX is 1987 SI)

2. E-Man

E-Man No idea what I'm saying

Welcome to the site. There are a few options for swaps in a 1G many of which can be found via a search. If you give me some idea on your goals and more importantly your budget, I can try to assist you.

The stock EW is quite a durable and somewhat peppy engine which can be modified to deliver 100+ whp with alterations to IHE, cam and some tweaking to timing. The easiest swap will be the d16 browntop found in the '86-87 integra.

There's no sense in swapping ECU's IMO

Elliot

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted