just bought a 2000 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grifter2162

Hey all
Just bought a 2000 civic Si with 60K on it, got it for 11000. Loving the feel of a b16a2. Just wanted some opinion on what to do with it, I just ordered a front mount air intake and a set of tein s-tech springs. I think i need a exhaust and a header next or would pulleys be a good gain.

Thanks in advance

exhaust and header are good. next get adjustable cam gears. then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

the front mount intake isn't one of those gay intakes that kinda look like a front mount intercooler are they?

Originally posted by B16@Sep 30 2003, 12:37 PM
the front mount intake isn't one of those gay intakes that kinda look like a front mount intercooler are they?

:lol: :lol: :lol: haha those things are so ghey, ram air y0!

but to grifter- forget the pulleys, they do more harm then good. get a good exhaust and header, i would recommend tanabe super racing medallion or thermal r&d catback. ive had them both and i love them both. dc headers are ok, some people have good experience, some have bad, but they are good for the price. if you got the cash, go for a hytech or smsp header, they are very expensive, but give the most gains. good luck

hey hey hey!!!!! hold up :angry:

we are not here to make fun of the guy.....in my book, if he "LOVES" how much power he is getting from a B16A in a civic coupe, then he's still has alot to learn.
and the fact that he is here asking for help, makes us know he knows this...

first: congrats on the new civic couple..

second: the intake u got does not do the trick and yess it looks "ghay" (i'm being honest)

Third:

Now for the Mods you are asking about....Intake, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST, and Header.

NOW if you want GOOD POWER GAIN......you will have to look into some CAMS, aftermarket Clutch system, and LSD for your Drivetrain *i got a used one in my tranny, worth every penny*

the next step up, is changing out your stock pistons for a set of higher compression pistons *11:1 JE forged or better*, Cylinder head Port polish, Retainers/Springs....and Adjustable CAM GEARS, and Chipped ECU

and a Apex VTEC/Fuel controler would dot he trick for your tunning

now this is not CHEAP, NO FAST NA SETUP IS CHEAP, and POWER GAIN WILL NOT BE AS MUCH AS NOS OR TURBO....BUT YOU ENGINE WILL LAST LONGER, amd BE MORE RELIABLE.

congrats on your 2000 Si. I just bought one too!!! :D

I was asking the same question, no one answered me though. Oh well. Thanks everyone for the answer.

1. Pay it off first, if you haven't already done that.
2. Buy a real intake, not that Arospeed FMIS crap.
3. S-Tech springs are good if you want a mild lowering without much of an increase in spring rate.
4. Get a good quality exhaust, header, and intake like these guys have suggested.
5. You could turbo the car if you wanted to- for about $2500-4000 depending on what you get, you could easily have 250whp.

swap20011022-09-TN.JPG

hey Calesta that is the same mount i have in my car now...i guess i'm not he only one who has a auto to manual swap here.... :unsure:

i did my conversion on my own, i already gave my arm and leg and right nut away when i got the AUTO teg. :( ....took me a weekend :blink:

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 30 2003, 11:28 AM
exhaust and header are good. next get adjustable cam gears. then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

Cam gears with stock cams are just as usefull as a 3 foot rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car. Get a cold air intake, JDM ITR headers, and a good cat-back system. Then drop it on some ground control coilovers with some good shocks and get some strut bars. You should be good for a while with that, then just move on building it.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Oct 1 2003, 02:53 AM-->
saturn_boy96
@Sep 30 2003, 11:28 AM

Cam gears with stock cams are just as usefull as a 3 foot rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car. Get a cold air intake, JDM ITR headers...

and that extra header on an inline for would be even more useless. go back to superhonda.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Oct 1 2003, 03:03 AM-->
Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Oct 1 2003, 02:53 AM
saturn_boy96
exhaust and header are good.  next get adjustable cam gears.  then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

Cam gears with stock cams are just as usefull as a 3 foot rear spoiler on a front wheel drive car. Get a cold air intake, JDM ITR headers...

and that extra header on an inline for would be even more useless. go back to superhonda.

and that four would be even nicer. go back to middle school. excuse me if i put an S on there. jerkoff

front mount intakes=teh lame

decide how much power you want out of the car first, then we can give you more accurate suggestions

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Oct 1 2003, 03:25 AM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Oct 1 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Oct 1 2003, 02:53 AM
saturn_boy96
exhaust and header are good.  next get adjustable cam gears.  then decide if you wanna stay n/a or go f/i.

and that four would be even nicer. go back to middle school. excuse me if i put an S on there. jerkoff

:lol: , oops. :owned: .

alarm the bitch
kill switch the bitch
insure the bitch
lojack the bitch
buy a garage for the bitch

those should be your first set of mods.

Originally posted by grifter2162@Sep 30 2003, 11:20 AM
Hey all
Just bought a 2000 civic Si with 60K on it, got it for 11000. Loving the feel of a b16a2. Just wanted some opinion on what to do with it, I just ordered a front mount air intake and a set of tein s-tech springs. I think i need a exhaust and a header next or would pulleys be a good gain.

Thanks in advance

boost it.

Originally posted by grifter2162@Sep 30 2003, 11:20 AM
I just ordered a front mount air intake

ok. someone explain this to me....

not that i would have ever bought one if i went n/a

BUT

to me, the theory that having a front mount intake sounds like it would allow more cool air that if you just had a cai...

why do you guys say they are shit?

i know they look ricey, but in theory dont they work?

things to get

intake: Comptech Icebox/J's racing CF sausage intake
Header: ITR 4-1 Jdm/SMSP/Hytech/HeaderTech
Exhaust: any 2.5 incher with resonator and your muff of choice

a good idea is to convert from odb2-->1 and get a P28 with an ITR base map

Lightweight flywheel/clutch combo..Exedy is very good for the Si.

ITR bottomend swap is nice also to get higher compression, ability to rev high and 1.8 liters of displacement.

good luck..

how bout we ask him what his plans for the car are. so, what are your plans?? drag racer, auto x'er, road course.... do you want to go turbo or n/a? is it going to be your daily driver? how much money you willing to spend?

but id first do what b said, get an alarm, killswitch, and garage. and also, pay it off.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Oct 1 2003, 10:18 AM-->
grifter2162
@Sep 30 2003, 11:20 AM
I just ordered a front mount air intake

ok. someone explain this to me....

not that i would have ever bought one if i went n/a

BUT

to me, the theory that having a front mount intake sounds like it would allow more cool air that if you just had a cai...

why do you guys say they are shit?

i know they look ricey, but in theory dont they work?

the piping gets hot too, and if you have to much piping the air will get just as hot.....plus the flow of the air will not be good, too much bends and turns, RAM air is the best...straight flow, less piping, and all u need to do is build a heat shield to block off the engine hot air from getting to the air filter.....and you have a better performance INTAKE, and you don't have to worry about hydro locking you engine *sucking up water in engine, fastest way to throw away your motor*...AEM has a by-pass valve to prevent hydro locking, but i'll just avoid the situation all together.

Back