just bought my first gsr swap and have lots of questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c1coupe

ok i just bought my first swap it came with b18c1 complete longblock (alt,dizzy,ecu,wire harness)it came from 98 integra mounted on it was a 90 ls cable transmission it came with axles from 90-93 integra and a linkage for 90-93 integra in all i need to run it besides civic mounts all this for 950$ and the swap is going into my ek coupe
1.what will i need to do to use the trans?should i waste money for a gsr trans because i dont want a b16
2.will the axles work?
3.will i need a diff shift linkage?
4.what mounts do i need?if i remember i should only need tran mount in rear engine mount an can use my sohc for the rest
5.anything i should be aware of in doing this anything extra i need to buy please let me kno

I don't know about the 90-93 integra, but I used a '97 integra for my axles, shift linkage, etc. If they are the same, it should work. If not, I don't know.

You also need a hydraulic transmission, not a cable one, and you need to learn how to do research and use the internet.

You need the drivers side mount from a 94 up integra, rear mount bracket, linkage, and front mounts from the 94 up integra. Or you can use an innovative or Hasport mount kit and leave the fron mounts off. Here's a mount kit that works with the cable tranny so you don't have to switch it for the hydro trans Innovative Steel 94-01 Integra or 92-95 Civic Replacement Mount Kit for B and D Series with CABLE Transmission and 3 Bolt Post Mount Setup . You will need the 94 up axles and intermediate shaft though

I don't know about the 90-93 integra, but I used a '97 integra for my axles, shift linkage, etc. If they are the same, it should work. If not, I don't know.

Its all the same stuff, same length and splines, I ran one axle from each car on my hatch (do what you can when your broke and have 2 blown boots) shift linkage is also the same from 90-01 and will likely need to be cut down just like on the EF/ED's (not 100% that it would need to be cut but im gonna go with yes)

im just using this website for what is what made for bud and i can get a cable to hydro conversion

yea cable car to hydro tranny is no problem at all your right... problem is you have a hydro car and a cable tranny...

maybe you worded it differently and there is some confusion between your words and my interpretation? it could happen.

Back