1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just bought my first gsr swap and have lots of questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by c1coupe, May 24, 2010.

1. c1coupe

c1coupe New Member

ok i just bought my first swap it came with b18c1 complete longblock (alt,dizzy,ecu,wire harness)it came from 98 integra mounted on it was a 90 ls cable transmission it came with axles from 90-93 integra and a linkage for 90-93 integra in all i need to run it besides civic mounts all this for 950$ and the swap is going into my ek coupe
    1.what will i need to do to use the trans?should i waste money for a gsr trans because i dont want a b16
    2.will the axles work?
    3.will i need a diff shift linkage?
    4.what mounts do i need?if i remember i should only need tran mount in rear engine mount an can use my sohc for the rest
    5.anything i should be aware of in doing this anything extra i need to buy please let me kno

2. c1coupe

c1coupe New Member

anyone kno???

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

what are you putting it into?

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

^

5. Lumpskie

Lumpskie Member

6. Lumpskie

Lumpskie Member

I don't know about the 90-93 integra, but I used a '97 integra for my axles, shift linkage, etc. If they are the same, it should work. If not, I don't know.

7. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

u need the torque mount that bolts to the front of the tranny.

8. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

You also need a hydraulic transmission, not a cable one, and you need to learn how to do research and use the internet.

9. c1coupe

c1coupe New Member

im just using this website for what is what made for bud and i can get a cable to hydro conversion

10. egb19c

egb19c New Member

You need the drivers side mount from a 94 up integra, rear mount bracket, linkage, and front mounts from the 94 up integra. Or you can use an innovative or Hasport mount kit and leave the fron mounts off. Here's a mount kit that works with the cable tranny so you don't have to switch it for the hydro trans Innovative Steel 94-01 Integra or 92-95 Civic Replacement Mount Kit for B and D Series with CABLE Transmission and 3 Bolt Post Mount Setup . You will need the 94 up axles and intermediate shaft though

11. LOWLIFE

LOWLIFE Local Diesel Fanatic

Its all the same stuff, same length and splines, I ran one axle from each car on my hatch (do what you can when your broke and have 2 blown boots) shift linkage is also the same from 90-01 and will likely need to be cut down just like on the EF/ED's (not 100% that it would need to be cut but im gonna go with yes)

yea cable car to hydro tranny is no problem at all your right... problem is you have a hydro car and a cable tranny...

maybe you worded it differently and there is some confusion between your words and my interpretation? it could happen.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted