just copped the z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

whats up I just picked up a nissan 350z and was wondering what you guys thought about the greddy twin turbo kit for it. I always used custom built kits and I heard the greaddy piggy back system sucks. let me know what you think before I blow 4500 dollars

A local shop actually has a 350zTT and it looks hella nice. I'm pretty sure they're using the GReddy kit. I think AEM has their EMS available for the 350z, so you may be able to upgrade to that and avoid using the GReddy piggy back system.

do you know where I can get a manifold for it? I looked around but cant find a company that makes one.

i think I'm going to go with a supercharger instead for the reliability. but I was wondering what one you guys think I should go with. either ati procharger, vortech, or stillen if you have know anything about any of these sc let me know thanks

Originally posted by breed@Jul 22 2004, 05:36 PM
i think I'm going to go with a supercharger instead for the reliability. but I was wondering what one you guys think I should go with. either ati procharger, vortech, or stillen if you have know anything about any of these sc let me know thanks
[post=367011]Quoted post[/post]​

Ever play the game Diablo? Like, the original one? Where you go into the tomb and spend a long time figuring out how to break the seals and kill the evil wizard hiding inside, but after you do all the work and break the seals you realize that you've opened an interdementional gateway to hell itself and Diablo is coming to eat your flesh and raze the entire surface of the earth? That pretty much sums up what you've just done.

Originally posted by [Freemantle

Ever play the game Diablo? Like, the original one? Where you go into the tomb and spend a long time figuring out how to break the seals and kill the evil wizard hiding inside, but after you do all the work and break the seals you realize that you've opened an interdementional gateway to hell itself and Diablo is coming to eat your flesh and raze the entire surface of the earth? That pretty much sums up what you've just done.
[post=367029]Quoted post[/post]​
[/QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about dude.

Supercharger > TT for the Z.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 22 2004, 06:18 PM
i think you should get a turbo. s/c's suck.
[post=367032]Quoted post[/post]​

For inline 4's with no torque? Pretty much.

Greddy's TT hp on the 350Z is pathetic, even by Greddy standards.

Originally posted by Havok+Jul 22 2004, 06:15 PM-->
[Freemantle

[post=367029]Quoted post[/post]​

Wtf are you talking about dude.

Supercharger > TT for the Z.
[post=367030]Quoted post[/post]​
[/QUOTE]

bahaha
yea really...wtf

im surprised jeffie hasnt come across this yet, he'll have all kinds of illnino info for ya

and a greddy kit on a civic makes 140 whp. what syour point? 2 dinky turbos = junk no matter what you put it on. theres at least 4 companies that make a complete kit for the z

Yeah dude, watch that vid jeffie posted in multimedia... there was a TT 350Z on there making 490hp they were drifting and track racing it... and it was an automatic!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 22 2004, 11:45 PM
and a greddy kit on a civic makes 140 whp. what syour point? 2 dinky turbos = junk no matter what you put it on. theres at least 4 companies that make a complete kit for the z
[post=367148]Quoted post[/post]​

My point is anyone who buys a greddy setup :
1.) Did no research on their car, and what they wanted out of the setup
2.) Didn't have the "time" to specifically pick what they wanted/needed
3.) Will expect minimal gains.

There is a huge difference in TT, and Greddy TT.

Back