just double checking everything

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwantawd

if im swapping the dohc zc into a crx that came with an auto but i put in a manual there wont be any problems, it will all still just bolt up? and if its going in a dx not an si.

also other than the engine and tranny ill just need the 88 teg ecu and wiring harness and i should be able to drive away a happy man?

i am not postive about EF's, but in EG's, DC's, EK's, ect, the top tranny braket (that is welded to the chassis) on the automatics, it goes upwards like / . On manual's, the bracket is horizontal and makes a 90 degree angle with the frame. This diffrence makes it so that the stock manual trans mount will not work because there will be about 2 inch gap. You need to either get that braket from a manual version and weld it in place, or buy an aftermarket mount from hasport, placeracing, ect.

best bet is to check the junk yards and throw up a WTB post in the classfieds section of the board, also try honda-tech you may have more luck because it is a larger board

i havent looked at the link yet (working) but what is mpfi? im a mitsu guy and im just doing this "small" project until i get my gsx so i know nothing about hondas right now.

great links, thanks a lot for the help and i dont have a dx i was just wondering what would need to be done if i did get that. slight misunderstanding.
what are the differences between an hf and an ex so i know when im searching?

CRX's only came in three models. SI, DX, HF. And in Japan I think that there were also three versions, the something, SI, SiR.

ok i was just checking because it said this on one of the links...
CRX Si, HF, EX (Port injection)
thanks again

Back