Just painted my motor. opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wtf:!!! $uck the Austin Police Dept!! They stuck a damn sticker on my car cover saying that I have a "JUNK" car and it needs to be removed from the property or fixed within 10 days! They got me for no motor, tranny, up on jacks tands, no registration and inspection sticker, no license plates. That means the officer went out of his way to lift the car cover which is secured onto the car with parachute cord. not to mention on private property. Just to give my car a thorough inspection.. I think I need to make a call to my lawyer about this:g:..... I just got :owned: Im so mad that its kind of funny..

I went through this before, and I tried to fight the same thing. I ended up losing. The cops have the right to look. Even if it is on your property, a lack of registration can result in the 5-0 showing up. I lost my Celica because of that.

Get it towed to a buddies house and work on it there...

:wtf:!!! $uck the Austin Police Dept!! They stuck a damn sticker on my car cover saying that I have a "JUNK" car and it needs to be removed from the property or fixed within 10 days! They got me for no motor, tranny, up on jacks tands, no registration and inspection sticker, no license plates. That means the officer went out of his way to lift the car cover which is secured onto the car with parachute cord. not to mention on private property. Just to give my car a thorough inspection.. I think I need to make a call to my lawyer about this:g:..... I just got :owned: Im so mad that its kind of funny..

LOL, sorry for the laugh but that's pretty funny. Probably a muscle-car enthusiast police officer.

I don't really know about Austin's/Texas laws:
Anyways, definitely fight it or put it in a garage. If you can prove the car is just being repaired, you should be fine.

Im just waiting to get the head back from the machine shop. Then hopefully tomorrow I will order all new seals/gaskets, assemble the motor when they come in and get the car running. Since no one I know has room at their place to keep the hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back