just wondering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dbart193

well, i have a 1996 civic dx coupe with about 160000 miles. i was just wondering, would it be worth it to just swap engines whenever this one craps out on me, or would i be better off just getting a new car. my car stays well maintained (regularly change oil, check fluids, tune up when needed etc.) and im sure that it will last me another 50000+ miles. i just wanted to get the opinion of some "experts".

also, if i should end up w/ a swap. what should it be, and how much should i look to spend to do it right. (note that if/when i swap, i would like to upgrade motors. please specify which motor would be worth the money for my car).

thanks,

d bart

this is all a personal prefrence issue

i would prefer to have an older swapped car than a new car off the lot

i hate payments, and like building my own shit

your have so many motor choices for your car its ridiculous...

you want a little quickier?
go with a sohc vtec
you want cheap and fast look into a custom turbo kit for your stock motor
or a sohc vtec plus turbo

or you can go with a B16
B18 non vtec would be a peppy choice, or you can get the B18 dohc vtec for an even faster ride

if you have 5K to drop on a swap then look into getting the B18C5 for 200 N/A hp

if you want lots of torque and 200 hp but don't have 5K then look into an H22 swap

you have a shit load of research to do before you can even get close to deciding if its worth it or not...

Back