K20 into a '94 Integra...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

integraracer

I have a question in regards to this swap for a road race car:

I've seen only one mount kit to do this...very funky lookin for a fact. BUT, my question is.... does the K20 in the integra put the entire motor ahead of the front wheel/axle center line?

How completely does this screw the weight distribution? Anybody done this?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Your biggest problem, and most obvious determint is that the K series engines and opposite in design of B series engines. That is to say, short of inverting the engine and installing it upside down, you will have to reconfigure you engine bay for the swap. That being known, a swap like that is best left for people with the money to do it. If you must have two liters of Vtec power buy a GSR block and have it bored to 84mm, that's much easier.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 25 2004, 02:26 AM
Your biggest problem, and most obvious determint is that the K series engines and opposite in design of B series engines. That is to say, short of inverting the engine and installing it upside down, you will have to reconfigure you engine bay for the swap. That being known, a swap like that is best left for people with the money to do it. If you must have two liters of Vtec power buy a GSR block and have it bored to 84mm, that's much easier.

Not really, there are mount kits, custom headers, and wiring conversions in the works, give it six months and it will be as easy as a H series.

there are mount kits only for the 2001+ civic for k-series swap, anyway just stick with just proper mounting years B-series has way more aftermarket products than the K-series, you probably want it for the 2 liter? If yes just slap the b18 with a stroker kit. And get a Distributorless ignition for the B-series.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 25 2004, 05:36 AM
there are mount kits only for the 2001+ civic for k-series swap, anyway just stick with just proper mounting years B-series has way more aftermarket products than the K-series, you probably want it for the 2 liter? If yes just slap the b18 with a stroker kit. And get a Distributorless ignition for the B-series.

HAsport has a mount kit for the 2001, but there are two other companies (I forget the names, look on H-T) that have pioneered the K into EG/EKs. The K series is lighter than the B and capable of more HP, boosted N/A, whatever. Not to mention about 6 or 7 years ago, there wasn't the same kind of support for B series that there is today, and they too used cost a whole lot more.

92b16vx I belive you this changes thing in my head too I think I want to do this to my 94 5th Gen civic coupe, but I feel bad about not putting a b-series in, O-welll heres some pictures, of what I found at Honda-Tech.

fae9b63f.jpg

EKK1as.jpg

EKK1bs.jpg

So hasport is making a Kit, I love hasport mounts I'm changing my mind on getting a B-series, Im doing the K.

what the hell is the red car with the K in it? is it an EK? The engine bay looks tiny

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 26 2004, 01:45 AM
Where you show me, where they put the K-series into the EG or EK? Then Ill belive you.

Hahahaha, I guess the world is still flat where you live, eh?

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 26 2004, 03:53 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 25 2004, 09:51 PM
Icy_winds_
@Jan 26 2004, 01:45 AM
Where you show me, where they put the K-series into the EG or EK? Then Ill belive you.

Hahahaha, I guess the world is still flat where you live, eh?

Whats that suppose to mean?

:lol: Nothing man, just ribbing ya'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back