K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The wiring will be NOTHING like anyone else doing a regular swap will have to do. I only have like 5 accessories to power and my gauges. It's going to be bare bones to say the least.

Fan
Fuel Pump
Starter/Ign
Tail Lights
Water Pump
...I think that's all of them.

Steve

if i done this swap on a daily driver want would have to be done as far as the wiring i have a rhd 92 civic in progress now with a ls/vtec but i want the k20

I know a lot of guys love the old-school EF Civics, but I still <3 the EG.

You definately have some good fabrication skills - I would love to take on a project like that.
Looking at a 93' Phantom Gray EG hatch with a blown motor, 4 flat tires, no interior and dead clutch for sale near me. Guy is asking.......$250.

Hopefully next week, it might be mine.

Quoted post[/post]]
if i done this swap on a daily driver want would have to be done as far as the wiring i have a rhd 92 civic in progress now with a ls/vtec but i want the k20

Wiring is real easy from what I hear. Hybrid-Racing is great with tech support through this process. If you get K-Pro from Hondata along with Hybrid's conversion harness, it's only a matter of grounding a few connections, charge harness and so on. I'm really making it sound easy but there is some time needed for this portion. However, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to do it.

Steve

I dunno how different the H-R harness is from the Hasport, but the Hasport harness is easy as shit. It plugs into the driver-side strut tower plugs, and you run like 5 wires to the ECU. You don't even use the passenger side strut tower plugs. A friend of mine here in Lufkin got his K20/EG finished a few days ago...it's badass, to say the least.

Quoted post[/post]]
why do you still have the key cylinder on there if the actual electrical is no longer on there? If its because you don't know how to remove it, just get a dremel and slot each bolt on top so you can use a flat head screwdriver and it will come right off. Then there will no longer be a wheel lock.

Ever had to do this before in the dark of night?

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Bah. Hurry up and finish it so we can all keep masturbating to it.

That's why it's taking me so long to work on it. I only have 1 free hand. :blink: :wink:

Steve

that's really funny

that cool than i was looking at the k20 i found a whole k20 motor,trans,
harness,ecu,shifter box the whole 9yards for $2500 and was really thinking about the k20 swap i think that is the way to go because the
ls/vtec are just about played out

Quoted post[/post]]
that cool than i was looking at the k20 i found a whole k20 motor,trans,
harness,ecu,shifter box the whole 9yards for $2500 and was really thinking about the k20 swap i think that is the way to go because the
ls/vtec are just about played out
whats played out is people caring whats played out. whether its a ls/vtec or a k20, if you make it fast... its still fast no matter whats under the hood.

post some vids of that thing in action after your done... coming along nicely..

sspppwwwww.. .damn.. my fav. pair of jeans..

i have a dumb fucking question will the rsx axles fit in the eg civics
just asking

cool u really got me talked in to doing this to my car it seems easy enough to do doesnt seem to bad of a project i just finished to rhd
conv it was easy as hell

i really want to see your car when ur done is hot

wow, that is awesome dude.

it makes me want to go do that to my car right now!

...if i only had the money

WOW. I just read all 12 pages of this project, and had to change my pants like 3 times. Damn, keep up the good work! This project is going to be SICK. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

do you have a date set for when you want this done by?

Well, it's unfortunate that I have to make this post, but sometimes there are things that just aren't controllable.

In June of last year, we sold our house in West Palm that we had been living in for 15 months for a bigger, nicer place in Wellington, FL. Unfortunately, when you sell a piece of property BEFORE you've occupied it for 2 years, you pay Capital Gains. Due to the IRS bill I just won't have the funds to travel or finish the motor work for the 2006 season.

I will still be working on the car. Finishing up EVERYTHING but the motor and transmission. I'll be taking care of them hopefully by the end of the year, we'll see.

With that being said, I won't be doing the reader contributions/sponsoring of the car until early next year.

I'm sorry about this, I know a lot of people have been following this build, but I've got other priorities to deal with as well.

I'm not down yet...just a long 10 count. :)

Steve

i totally understand bud, do what you need to do, look at it this way, atleast you didn't have to sell the car.

Godbless ~Ryan

Back