1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K20z3?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by upgrade, Jan 4, 2009.

1. upgrade

upgrade New Member

found a K20Z3 with 30,000 miles was wanting to know the hassles of the swap and if it is worth it, If by only paying $1000 or so for the motor. It would go into the 1989 LX Civic sedan.

2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Well your looking at Mounts for it which can be simple can be hard if they dont exist for your year. Depending on the Transmition weather auto or 5 speed, and what your car was before. New ECU possiable wiring with a car that old proably a whole new harness... Was reading on an automotive forum a guy swaped a K20z3 into a 94 DX Sadan costed him 5,000 and that was for a stock motor + parts needed for install! As we say here, Got a hude bank roll nothing is a hassle to a tune shop :)

3. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

It's not a direct bolt-in that's for sure, the main issue is that k-swap are still "new" making the swap expensive, it's worth it IMO because not everyone has one (yet) refering to B-series swaps etc. If I had the money I would do one mostly because the k series has more potential the b series engine. check out Rywire for the harness and Hasport for the mounts.

4. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

corrct me if i'm wrong but isnt the k20Z3 inferior than the A2 or jdm A? i thought the ivtec system worked differently in those models.

5. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

well the z3 is the new 06-08 Si engine, and the a2 is from the rsx type-s (which only has a few more hp/tq then the z3). and of course any of these or other k-series variants fall below in performance numbers to the k20a jdm type r engine (07 CTR, 222hp,158tq). The k20a3 (02-05 Si engine,02-04 rsx base) engine is the one you're probably thinking of. it operates like the older sohc vtec heads in that their i-vtec system only affects the intake cam.

6. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

yup your right i was thinking of the A3. hell yeah i would assume 1000 is akiller deal. your gonna spend more than that to get it in though.:p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted