keeping obd 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

Iam currently running a msd vtec switch set at 5K. I want to keep this setup. Iam running a crx si ecu right now. With the crx si distributor. Which ecu can I use to run the vtec off the ecu instead of the switch?

The car is a 97 d16y7 block with a y8 head. I love the setup right now. Just want to get rid of the msd atavtor switch. I need some ideas. what ecus to use. Can I use the pr3 and have it chipped?

why do you want to keep OBD0?

and the pr3 and pw0 are the only 2 OBD0 vtec ecu's i know of...

the car is OBD2 and the head is OBD2... why did you go OBD0?
just curious...

WTF were you thinking? This is in the wrong forum This should have gone into the EK chassis section not EF/DA.

if you really wanna be a stickler it should be in ECU/ELECTRONICS....

not EK or EF/DA
<_<

edit: and i hope your state never adopts emmissions testing
lol, you;re fucked if they do

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 10 2005, 07:59 PM
why do you want to keep OBD0?

and the pr3 and pw0 are the only 2 OBD0 vtec ecu's i know of...

the car is OBD2 and the head is OBD2... why did you go OBD0?
just curious...
[post=471982]Quoted post[/post]​

No, its the right thread, because he can't be running a 91 si ecu in a 97 EK there is no way anyone would go through the hassle. He just made mistake when he was posting.

No, its the right thread, because he can't be running a 91 si ecu in a 97 EK there is no way anyone would go through the hassle. He just made mistake when he was posting.

what?????

not sure what you are no'ing to, but this is not the right forum...
it should be in ECU/ELECTRONICS because it is an ECU question...

and yes, he can run OBD0 in a 97 civic...
he said he's running OBD0 and wants to KEEP OBD0...
and he also said he's running an CRX SI ecu which is OBD0 as there was no OBD1 crx's...
wtf are you talking about man?!?!?!

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 11 2005, 12:47 PM

what?????

not sure what you are no'ing to, but this is not the right forum...
it should be in ECU/ELECTRONICS because it is an ECU question...

and yes, he can run OBD0 in a 97 civic...
he said he's running OBD0 and wants to KEEP OBD0...
and he also said he's running an CRX SI ecu which is OBD0 as there was no OBD1 crx's...
wtf are you talking about man?!?!?!
[post=472253]Quoted post[/post]​

Wtf are you saying who said there were OBD1 CRX's I wheel a crx I know there is no obd1 crx and I know it is possible to run obd0 in any honda. I'm saying I don't think he converted a ob2 to obd0. That is what I'm talking about, and yeah you are right he do has the wrong forum. A buddy there is know need to get bent out of shape. Its Friday live life a little.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 11 2005, 01:39 PM
not bent at all...
just confused why you posted in this thread...

:unsure:
[post=472277]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe he has a CRX and has the 97 engine. He wants to keep his OBD 0 setup.

You can run your setup like you are if you do a couple of things.

1. If you are running a manual tranny, get a PS-9 ECU (from a 91 Civic EX Auto) and chip it with TurboEdit. Use the pinout for the auto solenoid to activate the VTEC using 1 wire.

OR

2. If you are not running A/C, you can use the A/C activator with the ECU that you currently have for the 1 wire VTEC pinout. Using this technique, you would also have to chip your ECU and add a PNP transistor to it to make the +12vdc needed for VTEC activation.
Email me for details if you are interested. I will try to get more info posted on here in the next couple of days.

1. If you are running a manual tranny, get a PS-9 ECU (from a 91 Civic EX Auto) and chip it with TurboEdit. Use the pinout for the auto solenoid to activate the VTEC using 1 wire.

OR

2. If you are not running A/C, you can use the A/C activator with the ECU that you currently have for the 1 wire VTEC pinout. Using this technique, you would also have to chip your ECU and add a PNP transistor to it to make the +12vdc needed for VTEC activation.
Email me for details if you are interested. I will try to get more info posted on here in the next couple of days.

whoa, you have my interest...
tell us more..

Originally posted by Crix@Mar 10 2005, 05:45 PM
Iam currently running a msd vtec switch set at 5K. I want to keep this setup. Iam running a crx si ecu right now. With the crx si distributor. Which ecu can I use to run the vtec off the ecu instead of the switch?

The car is a 97 d16y7 block with a y8 head. I love the setup right now. Just want to get rid of the msd atavtor switch. I need some ideas. what ecus to use. Can I use the pr3 and have it chipped?
[post=471976]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, aside from the other comments, you can run a pm6 ecu and chip it using TurboEdit's NG55 bin. The NG55 bin has code that enables the ecu to activate vtec using the A/C clutch switch pinout on the ecu. If you have a/c that you want to use though, I'd pretty much just stick with the setup you have now, or upgrade to obd1. The pw0 and pr3 will work, but they are just more difficult to chip, and require a way to emulate a 2nd o2 sensor.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 6 2005, 01:19 PM

OR

whoa, you have my interest...
tell us more..
[post=483774]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess I should have looked ahead to all the posts. TurboEdit's new NG55 bin circumvents the whole PNP transistor deal, I believe, but I am not sure. Are you using the TE 2.5 software or older?

Back