Kids these days

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunting is a hobby at best

in no way is it a sport

although i guess these days everything is a sport.... i mean if people are going to consider pool, bowling, darts, poker, etc sports then hunting kinda has to be one

Quoted post[/post]]
Haymaker: A wild closed fist punch where the arm and body swing back before swinging forward with all of the person's weight behind it. It is usually used in an attempt to knock out the opponent with one blow. It is most commonly used by untrained fighters, though there is some use in boxing both as a fight ender, and as a desperation maneuver. A haymaker tends to be an unbalanced, easily blockable and overly telegraphed attack. They are used mostly in movies, as they are rather impressive to see, but in actual fighting they are quite ineffective; a fighter using these would likely lose very quickly.

nice
:thumbsup:
:laugh: :laugh: this had me laughing for some reason because I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Well shit, when you actually put down the meaning of haymaker, it makes me look stupid :mad: :laugh:

I meant haymaker as in a strong punch to the face, nothing wild and out of control :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I meant haymaker as in a strong punch to the face, nothing wild and out of control

lol, yea i know, you broke his face...
no sarcasm about it, i would have done the same thing...
i thought the definition was funny too...

I was referring to the "hunting is not a sport" comment.

fucktard.

well its not...

Quoted post[/post]]
Hunting with a regular bow is a sport. Hunting with a high powered bow or rifle isn't sporting in the least. "Let's see, I can use actual hunting skills to sneak up on this buck or I can take a cheap shot at him from 500 yards away."

ok, to even things up a bit....

I will allow you to come with me on my next hunting trip. When I spy a deer, I will allow you 60 seconds to run 250 yards down to the deer to warn it that it is in harm's way.

make sure you wear your brigtly colored orange vest and hat. Preferrably with a small bulleye target on your back.

:)

hunting with a rifle is a sport but only with an open sight. For the record I can make a shot from 100+ yards and I consider this a sport. If I can get within 150 yards and make a shot is that not skill.

wasn't there an incident in the last year or two about HS football camp or some shit and pine cones being inserted into rectums?

fucking kids these days...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
hunting with a rifle is a sport but only with an open sight. For the record I can make a shot from 100+ yards and I consider this a sport. If I can get within 150 yards and make a shot is that not skill.

Very true. Consider though, people fed themselves for thousands of years with a simple string bow, among other things, and having to get extremely close to make a killing shot.

one of my college history professors once told us that there were indians on the texas coast that would spend a day, sometimes two or more, chasing down a deer, then when the deer became so tired it could no longer stand, they killed it by bashing it's head in with a rock.

NOW THAT'S A SPORT.

Back