knock sensor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lakaicrxracer

i finally found out where my knock sensor is but the thing is the whole sensor from the block is missing. even if i buy it how am i suppose to put it on? where the knock sensor goes its very dirty too its like someone yanked it off please help

Originally posted by lakaicrxracer@Mar 22 2005, 04:20 PM
i finally found out where my knock sensor is but the thing is the whole sensor from the block is missing. even if i buy it how am i suppose to put it on? where the knock sensor goes its very dirty too its like someone yanked it off please help
[post=477161]Quoted post[/post]​

It skrews into the block underneath the intake manifold. If you have a Lift it will be very easy to put in.

It probably got broken off. It's a combination of plastic and metal. Unscrew the metal piece that's probably still there, and then go to a junkyard and find the correct sensor. Most Hondas use the same knock sensor.

does anyone know the size of the nut?if i go to the junkyard will any knock sensor work? or does it have to be a vtec engine

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 23 2005, 08:54 AM
true. i dont recall offhand, but i want to say 21mm
[post=477511]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds about right. He could just put a wrench on his existing one to find out. ;)

yo whats up im back with another prob. well i went to go buy the knock sensor for my b16 and the guy at the shop told me to get a toyota knock sensor he said its the same so i did...what do you guys think about that? i havent tried yet because i have like 3 connectors in the back of my engine and only 1 is for the knock sensor of course but which one???? which plug is it and what color are the wires and if only one wire is used then why do all have 2 does one have to be grounded or what thanks again guys hope you guys can help later :worthy:

Back