KYB AGX With....GC's or Pro-Kit ?

Ground Control Coilovers or Eibach Pro-Kit?

• Eibach Pro-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

CV joints, bushings in general, sweep geometry of the suspension at lowered vs stock height, wheel bearings etc.... it all takes a beating.

Honestly I don't know how this turned so hostile. I know why racecars are low. And I know about suspension geometry. What I don't know is how you can say that less drop = better when that simply isn't true. Correct spring rates for the amount of drop = better. The lower you go, the higher your spring rates need to be. And yes I know why. And I don't know where I EVER said that you need to lower your car to the extreme. I believe I said 1.5 - 2.5 inches should be perfect.... And :no: 2 inches of drop wil NOT ruin your geometry, I don't care what ANYONE says.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 15 2005, 05:02 PM
You guys are talking about extremes now. What are considering to be slammed compared to a .5" drop?
[post=526963]Quoted post[/post]​

:shrug2:

Things always go nuts when you're talking absolutes. No hard feelings to anyone here...

A .5 inch drop should be fine- but to do that, you'll need to use the Ground Controls.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 16 2005, 06:08 AM
What I don't know is how you can say that less drop = better when that simply isn't true. Correct spring rates for the amount of drop = better. The lower you go, the higher your spring rates need to be. And yes I know why. And I don't know where I EVER said that you need to lower your car to the extreme. I believe I said 1.5 - 2.5 inches should be perfect.... And :no: 2 inches of drop wil NOT ruin your geometry, I don't care what ANYONE says.
[post=527120]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, a two inch drop CAN ruin suspension and steering geometry, if the car is dropped beyond the point of having correct suspension travel it will negatively effect handling, and no amount of correct stiffness in the spring is going to change that. The distances between the shock mounting points, and the trailing arms and chassis are specifically designed to work at certain angles, and within specific distances of travel, you can lower these distances, but at a certain point you either have to correct the geometry of the parts for the drop, or suffer handling and that's just a fact, like it or not.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 17 2005, 06:52 AM-->
sohcslammer
@Jul 16 2005, 06:08 AM
What I don't know is how you can say that less drop = better when that simply isn't true. Correct spring rates for the amount of drop = better. The lower you go, the higher your spring rates need to be. And yes I know why. And I don't know where I EVER said that you need to lower your car to the extreme. I believe I said 1.5 - 2.5 inches should be perfect.... And :no: 2 inches of drop wil NOT ruin your geometry, I don't care what ANYONE says.
[post=527120]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, a two inch drop CAN ruin suspension and steering geometry, if the car is dropped beyond the point of having correct suspension travel it will negatively effect handling, and no amount of correct stiffness in the spring is going to change that. The distances between the shock mounting points, and the trailing arms and chassis are specifically designed to work at certain angles, and within specific distances of travel, you can lower these distances, but at a certain point you either have to correct the geometry of the parts for the drop, or suffer handling and that's just a fact, like it or not.
[post=527465]Quoted post[/post]​

I qouted you to argue, but it took so long to get to this point, and it's so fucking hot in my house.... I just don't care. :p

I understand what you are saying fully, that's why trucks have drop spindles. But it comes down to the fact that we all drive Hondas. Most of us civics. And after owning 5 hondas I can safely say from experience that a civic dropped 2 inches with the proper spring handles better than a civic with a stock ride height REGARDLESS of the stock ride height's spring rate.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :D

I give you that in a Civic this is true, just the blanket statement sort of erked me :)

Back