Laptop question..?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Wich Laptop would you buy? Dell? Compaq? Gateway? Toshiba? Sony? Panasonic? Or any other model?

I like the Sony but the Dell are pretty cool and the price is good..

I have an HP Pavilion and I love it.

I'd either go with the HP, Dell, or Compaq.

I have owned a Gateway Laptop which was pretty reliable. I have also used Dell Latitudes for work and such and to be honest they are both comparable to eachother. Your best bet is to go with the best deal.

Wasnt there a big recall on Sony Vaio's a few weeks ago? I thought I read that somewhwere.

I use compaq at work..and the new Evo N800c are heavy as fuck..they put JBL speakers on that thing..and it makes it heavy..much much too heavy...

Yeah Dell look great, and the price are pretty low too...

I'd say i'm a pretty knowledgable person with with computers and I'd recommend dell to you. You get nice size and reliability for your cash. Sony and Toshiba are great too, but are usually overpriced.

I know Compaq Sucks..that's what i have at work...
There just really badly build !!

A exemple of how they suck..there desktop computer, they have the CPU fan suck the hot air in, not even out..so the inside of the computer get's hot as hell and they have frequently HD brake down...

Personnaly i would go with a nice PowerBook G4, but the laptop i'm looking for it's for my GF so...

I have to say that the Sony are pretty cool...there fucking nice..
Dell there laptop's the high end ones..looks like old Digital Highnote VP laptop..

i have a sony and love it too bad the goddamnmuthafuckinworm got to it and nnow it wont even boot, suggestions anyone?

all I have to say is I have a Dell desktop PC and I will never buy a dell again.
this thing is supposed to be top of the line and sometimes I open up a webpage and it just freezes. or when i come home and turn the monitor on, it turns on but nothing comes up until I restart.

Don't buy Dell.

Originally posted by ovcrash@Sep 4 2003, 08:45 AM
Wich Laptop would you buy? Dell? Compaq? Gateway? Toshiba? Sony? Panasonic? Or any other model?

I like the Sony but the Dell are pretty cool and the price is good..

do NOT buy toshiba.

if you are on a "semi" budget, then go HP Paviliion. best laptop out there imo

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 4 2003, 11:29 PM
if you are on a "semi" budget, then go HP Paviliion. best laptop out there imo

THANK YOU!

i got one for graduation and its by far the best laptop i've ever had experience with. and i've delt with dells, ibms, compaqs, gateway.

havnt tried sony, but ive heard they got some flaws.

I am a computer-oriented person and let me tell you... some of you guys are way off.

Sony's laptops look really nice, but performance wise, it is something you want to stay away from. If you check up on forums, you will have no trouble finding bad reviews of Sony. Sony products are good- except laptops. It is not uncommon to hear about people complaining about how their Sony started acting up in 2+ years.

Dell's laptops are good and priced well, but some stay away cause they have a plastic look that is thought to be childish. [talking about the Inspirion platform, not the lattitude]

Toshiba is ranked high in the hierarchy. There are some high quality, low-price notebooks out there from Toshiba.

40GB Harddrive

Pentium 4 2.2GHZ

DVD/CDRW COMBO

15" Screen

512 DDR SDRAM
-------------------------
1k-1200

Fujitsu is good but you need to have money. =)

Emachine= lol. Stay away, don't be fooled by the AMD processor in their new notebook. Heard it's as slow as my civic.

i would go dell hp and compaq desktops are the exact same pc with a diffrent case. And im going to guess there laptops are the same. What i would do is look at the computer really hard and take note of things like tempature and batery size. Just get the most you can for your money. I would try www.tigerdirect.com or this site www.netmarket.com all they have are discontinued/model year old items that are at great price and you probaly dont need a 2.4 ghz any way a 2 =ghz would be fine get my drift

Back