laptop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you get the 12 inch iBook (read, not the Powerbook) its only 999 and with a student discount (which they don't really even make you prove) its 899. Thats really not that much for a decent laptop

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 11 2005, 04:13 PM

Oh and Crabbing is much more dangerous than comercial fishing. Whatever you do bro do not get into crabbing it is not worth it.

right now the money is better in fishing, and like you said it's less dangerous. another plus side is that the captain lives less than a mile from my house!!!

alienware ftw

i cant believe noone has mentioned it lol

if i ever bought a preassembled laptop or pc it would be an alienware ;)

everything any comp company can do, i can do better. except maybe ocsystems :p

but off the assembly line nothing can beat an alienware imo. there is a 3 inch binder of performance benchmarks and tests (you get it when you purchase one). after every pc is made it goes through the series of tests to make sure it passes them all, if it fails one of the tests then the whole pc is rebuilt.
alienware is constantly praised and gets awards like crazy over the net and in mags and has been that way for over 7 years now.

falcon nw makes some solid systems also, but i just think the alienwares look better, and everyone has there preferences i guess :)

Originally posted by micah@May 12 2005, 06:45 AM
alienware ftw

i cant believe noone has mentioned it lol

if i ever bought a preassembled laptop or pc it would be an alienware ;)
[post=498211]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think he wants to take a $3000 laptop on a fishing boat.

3 grand is one of the cheaper ones. My freind bought one that was basicly completely loaded with the best of the best, and paid 6000 for it. What I love, we bought it at the same time, and my screen looks 100 time better, my shitty built in speakers sound a hell of alot better and his hard drive was the same size (60gb). Yea it was faster, but if you pay 4 times the amount of a laptop, it better be better then a 1500 laptop in every way.

Well i dont know if yall have had the AMD v. Intel discussion on these boards (and i dont feel like doing a search for it). But everyone v. Dell is the same fight.

My Dell Inspiron 600m is amazing. I absolutely love it. People will hate on it because it has a Tn + Film display, meaning it isnt visable at all angles, but the refresh rate is quite high. The VAIO has an PVA (or MVA i dont remember which, but they have similar qualities) display and it is visable from almost every angle, but there is a ghosting effect if you have high movement videos.

Those are the differences in monitors, now processors.

The Pentium M is your best bet for battery life (something that would be high on my list if i was on a boat), Pentium 4M is your best bet for performance, and AMD Athlon 64 is best for gaming (but you can only get it on high end computers like Alienware, FalconNW and Voodoo).

Alienware Falcon and Voodoo are at the top of the list when it comes to quality of product, no doubt about it.

It is then followed by VAIO. I must admit i do like the computer and they have amazing technical support.

After VAIO id go with Dell for technical support and reliablity of the product. I have had 2 dell laptops and a Dell PC and i have had no problems with the company.

IBM would be next on my list, but they are quite pricey.

As the others said though...id invest in life insurance, not a laptop.

I went to best buy and they had a toshiba there for 749, and a compaq for 999. the compaq had a larger screen, that was much clearer... any word on the compaq's??

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 17 2005, 10:54 PM
compaq = HP, but a tad crappier. compaq is kind of HP's bargain brand.
[post=500765]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I have an IBM that was issued to me by the company I work for, it is a T41. These things are built like tanks and I've never had any issue with it. It is also very slim and pretty light. I have no idea what they cost though.

when they were new they were $1,200...and if you want durability, you want IBM. The T series notebooks are so strong i wager that you could throw it against a wall with the power on and it would still work just as well as before. Definitely strong stuff.

Back