Larger throttle body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

downtothetens

i have a 00 integra ls...im looking for a B18 head right now to do a LS/Vtec swap but till then im adding little by little...i been thinking about throwing on a larger throttle body and AEM fuel rail...im running a mostly stock engine except a comptech short ram intake. And im wondering how big should i go on the throttle body b.c im afraid goin below 65mm wont give me a huge increase and goin to 70 will bog me out yet i would love the increase in air flow, torque and power...would a 70 mm throttle body set up with a short ram and fuel rail run nicely?

The fuel rail doesn't add performance, not at this level anyways. Save you're money and get what you really want.

BEfore you go adding little by little... What do you want to end up with? A fun daily driver or a strip car?

Where do you want your powerband at?

Don't LEGO build or else you'll just end up w/junk..

Werd throttle body should be one of the last things you do or look at.... What are your goals for this build??? A throttle body will do absolutely nothing for you as of right now.

umm the cars definitaly aimed more at a daily driver car but i do bring it to the track quite often...what i wanna do is add a higher mid range amount of torque and maybe jump up some horsepower...as of now though im not lookin to be doin internals on mi engine considering i cant rly go to long w.o being able to use the car and i dont wanna throw down a huge amount of money either since im trying to put together some cash for a turbo kit

Then just save for the turbo. If you buy other crap like headers or cams, they're pretty much worthless when you go turbo.

Back