legalizing a jdm EG6?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG6autoX

what would i need to do to legalize a JDM EG6 in US ????? registration, inspection, emissions, title etc....
thanks nick

I was tryinjg to buy an old MINI Cooper that was RHD, I asked the guy about insurance and registration and he said it doesnt matter. But that is the law for Ohio.

Its possible, you should contact your local DMV and your insurance company and see what they say. It's usually no big deal registering it in the states. My neighbor just registered an older model skyline gtr, rhd. The only thing that sucks about it was the shipping/down time with customs. Good luck.

i don't live there (thank god) but cali is really bitchy about there emissions laws. depends where u live.

hold on did some research, if you can legally run a b16 or d16 in ur state in a later model car than what it was made for....you can have it, no matter hat

I thought that running a motor older than the car is technically illegal in every state...

Man I heard there's lots of shit you gotta do. I heard shit like customs has to make the glass on the windows thicker cause they're not up to our standards, emissions definitely, bunch of shit.

But hopefully I'm wrong...because I'm hoping when I turn 18 to be eligible for a loan (around $10,000) so I can buy a JDM car from www.jdmtigerjapanese.com . Either an RX-7, Skyline, or a 300zx.

your right brutal i had it backwards. as far as i know i have never heard anyone say anything about windshields. seems kinda dumb to put different thickness in cars but it could be.

if you want one REALLY REALLY bad, just buy one already legalized. it's a pain in the ass.

take it to the BAR state ref... just so you know you'll need USDM emissions parts to legalize it though

you can get it registered as a show car or race car, but you wont be able to "legally" drive on the streets.

Back