Lego Sears Tower??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

google maps street view... not the best quality... but decent

Been there, done that... with multiple browsers open at the same time. lol

When I get into researching something on a building, I'll end up filling my tabs until I can't read the names of the websites on them anymore. Then I'll open another browser and fill that one up because I'll have stumbled onto something else I want to research further.

right on
well i can definitely say Chicago is a city worth visiting :thumbsup:

Oh I know I love Chicago. I kinda wish I hadn't gone to Florida last year, rather just spent a few days in Chicago tooling around downtown. Its just a little too far to go there for a day or two though.

Correction... 63rd Floor. There are two more floors (64 & 65) until the next set of setbacks take place, btw. The 66th floor starts the + symbol shape. (these two floors are also mechanical, so they'll be banded in black like the 29th-32nd floors you see in the pictures).

I found some 1x1 pieces and finished the 62nd floor. :D

100_0181.jpg

Edit: It's now 31.5" tall from the base pad.

Last edited:
And yeah B, "buy a duster... damn" NO.

I'll pay you 50 cents an hour to dust my house. lol

This has been my blog of sorts, yeah. I'll compile all the pictures from start to completion with dates, story numbers and the entire cost when it's finished. I still cant decide if I want to try to accomplish the entire block with the plaza, entrances, etc... because I can't find detailed full views of the plaza without actually visiting Chicago.

The shutter on my D40x is broken, but I'm replacing it with a D90... Just don't know when I'll be able to do it, money-wise. I'm also planning to visit the Sears Tower soon... If I have the camera before I go, I'll take a bunch of shots of the plaza for you.

What the...Legos? Are you goddamn serious?

Dude, when was the last time you got laid??

Edit: Here's where it was last Friday...
100_0202.jpg

It erased my updates, so I'll update it further (since I built onto it yesterday).
100_0205.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0206.jpg

Details are in the signature (Its actually 38.25 inches tall right now).

Last edited:
The shutter on my D40x is broken, but I'm replacing it with a D90... Just don't know when I'll be able to do it, money-wise. I'm also planning to visit the Sears Tower soon... If I have the camera before I go, I'll take a bunch of shots of the plaza for you.

Took a bit longer than expected, but I went yesterday and didn't forget to take some shots of the plaza for you. :D

Not the best quality, I was being rushed my by my brother because he couldn't figure out why I wanted to get so many shots of the empty plaza. :D

Put some (kinda crappy) panoramas together from RAW files... I should have tweaked them a bit more to fix the distortion, especially in the second one. I think you can get the jist of the layout from these, though. Had to shrink them a tad, the full sizes were 11830x4218 pixels each. :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
How is the build coming along after all?

I update it in my sig every now and then, its where it is in my sig. Haven't really worked on it at all since June. :(

I don't have any money to blow on it right now. Just been kinda sittin there.

Back