Lets talk about Nitrous

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

First off I know this isn't exactly forced induction, but it kinda is so hey here are my questions.

Ok, I have some basic questions about nitrous use on a b18b w/stock internals. My first question is: are systems such as the Zex Safe System really safe? I know they monitor the air/fuel, throttle position, rpm, and such to make sure that nitrous is only shot at key moments and only for a safe amount of time, but my question more relates to long term usage. What would the effects of fairly long term usage of a Zex kit? Would a 50 shot on the zex safe kit on a internally stock b18b be a safe power adder for fairly long term? Plus im really new and kinda scared about this nitrous stuff, but hp/cost seems interesting. Please fire away.

it all depends on the user

the zex kit with my limited experience is the safest kit on the market

HOWEVER, if you use it daily it will wear down your internals, if you are smart and ony use it for a gear or two once a week then you should be fine. But if you use it every gear for 3 passes twice a week you are gonna need new rings in a hurry.

anyone please correct me if i am wrong

nos is bad for any engine. period. especially ones with stock internals. im sure you could get away with a 50 shot for a bit. but if i were you ide take the money for the nos and buy some nice internals before doing anything. nos kits can be pricy.

yeah

:werd: to the pricey

refills run about $2-3 a pound here

wheres the dude with the quote from pills in his sig when you need 'em... nitrous is like crack or whatever... lol

nitrous is not bad for an engine idiots with it are!
if you use it properly and at safe levels yuo will be fine!
So as to your q zex is great for a 50 shot any larger go with an nx, holley, or Nos kit.
The reason for the above statement is due to the fact zex does not to date make a direct port sytem which is recomned when you begin to hit higher levels

Back