Light weight flywheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

I going to be buying a light weight flywheel and I was wondering if I should go with FIDANZA ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL which is only 8lbs or ACT streetlite ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL which is 11.1 pounds. I’ve been doing some reading and learned that a flywheel that’s too light less than 10 pounds is not recommended for street use. Because of poor drivability and is better suited for road racing. What do you guys think?

I have the ACT prolight wheel on my ZC and love it, my motor revs very quick. The drivability only suffers a little at first till i got used to it.

i got a fid. 8 lbs for my accord. havnt tested yet cuz i just put h22 in but for the money that thing is NICE. my auto teacher let me hold a regular one. and it is sooo light compared to stock.

I think that a prelude has enough rotational mass to begin with, that a lighter flywheel will be less noticeable in both regards. It will spin up less quick, and conversely, you will feel less lag on takeoff; as compared to a b16 or b18.

Let us know. I am ONLY SPECULATING, based on physics.

Back