1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light weight flywheels

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by accordguy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. accordguy

accordguy Member

I going to be buying a light weight flywheel and I was wondering if I should go with FIDANZA ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL which is only 8lbs or ACT streetlite ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL which is 11.1 pounds. I’ve been doing some reading and learned that a flywheel that’s too light less than 10 pounds is not recommended for street use. Because of poor drivability and is better suited for road racing. What do you guys think?

2. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I have the ACT prolight wheel on my ZC and love it, my motor revs very quick. The drivability only suffers a little at first till i got used to it.

3. -94-AccordH22

-94-AccordH22 Senior Member

i got a fid. 8 lbs for my accord. havnt tested yet cuz i just put h22 in but for the money that thing is NICE. my auto teacher let me hold a regular one. and it is sooo light compared to stock.

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

I think that a prelude has enough rotational mass to begin with, that a lighter flywheel will be less noticeable in both regards. It will spin up less quick, and conversely, you will feel less lag on takeoff; as compared to a b16 or b18.

Let us know. I am ONLY SPECULATING, based on physics.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted